removing xbmc removes shared computers
I have a Mac Pro 13", OS X version 10.5.8. I loaded XBMC_for_mac 9.04.1 (which is working fine). After the install I noticed that my shared computers (Connected servers - PCs) disappeared. I went into XBMC>Network>SMP Client and changed the Workgroup name to match my network, reboot and all my shared computers are back.

But if I throw XBMC in the trash (along with the Library>Application Support>XBMC directory) then the shared computers once again are gone and I can't get them back. How do I remove XBMC fom my Mac without it messing up the Connected servers.
brent Wrote:I have a Mac Pro 13", OS X version 10.5.8. I loaded XBMC_for_mac 9.04.1 (which is working fine). After the install I noticed that my shared computers (Connected servers - PCs) disappeared. I went into XBMC>Network>SMP Client and changed the Workgroup name to match my network, reboot and all my shared computers are back.

But if I throw XBMC in the trash (along with the Library>Application Support>XBMC directory) then the shared computers once again are gone and I can't get them back. How do I remove XBMC fom my Mac without it messing up the Connected servers.

check ~/smb/.smb.conf, it's a dir/file xbmc will add for proper smb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
removing xbmc removes shared computers0