Don't show chapter info as a subtitle (.m4v files)
Currently the chapter info in a .m4v file shows as a subtitle. It'd be really nice for those of us that use .m4v files (apple tv, itunes, iphone, mac etc) for XBMC to hide the chapter track so that it doesn't show as a subtitle.

Edit: Ticket #7549
It would be nicer yet if XBMC would actually READ Chapter and Meta tags and utilize them instead of ignoring them. I'm very surprised that years later there is no meta tagging support for M4V files. Imagine if MP3 and AAC files had no meta tagging support from players. It would be AWFUL. It's one of the primary reasons I keep going back to the Apple interface on my Apple TV. It's far easier to control, rock solid (XBMC crashes a LOT) and utilizes nearly all my meta tagging. It seems ridiculous for XBMC to try and figure out what movies it's looking at by cross-referencing movie databases by names when it will get it wrong every time if those movies (e.g. foreign films or b-movies or even home movies) are not in those databases to find yet the correct meta tags are just sitting there in the file being completely ignored. Worse yet, having to fast forward through 1.5 to 3 hours of footage to get to a certain scene is just MISERABLE when there's a chapter marker just sitting there being ignored.

I've searched and searched for a quick answer as to why XBMC and its offspring (Boxee and Plex) do not support something like chapter markers and/or meta data and came up with nothing. If Handbrake and MetaX can read/write/create them, it cannot be a big secret or anything. In the mean time, XBMC will continue to be used for just pRON and the occasional AVI TV show and the like that is played/deleted or if I want some visualizer effects with a song (no idea why Apple TV doesn't have any other than photo displays). I can only play my Apple Lossless DTS music files through Apple TV too for that matter (there used to be a DVD codec option to play music files with that worked in XBMC, but it seems to have disappeared from the main interface and renaming or otherwise modifying my lossless files would preclude them from working in iTunes/Apple TV).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Smile 
As XBMC uses ffmpeg to parse the files, it suffered from the lack of support there.

However, ffmpeg just added the support yesterday!!!!!
(Or started to ... don't know if it's done yet)

Now to get the XBMC guys to pull the version and build!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Don't show chapter info as a subtitle (.m4v files)0