Generating fanart from video file
Is it possible to generate fanart from video files just like thumbnails are generated. I have some movies without fanart, just doesn't seem to be available. When I scroll throught the movies it just seems so empty :-) or dull when a default fanart backdrop is used.

Now my guess is that the code to generate the thumbnail can be used to create these backdrops. However I would intgrate an extra function into the fanart dialog to "re-generate" a backdrop if the one generated is just not loooking nice enough.

Anybody else thinking this might be a nice addition?

Regards,

Remco
I usually find fanart that is just a screenshot from the movie pretty unexciting and doesn't really fit in with the promo-style that the majority of fanart uses.

Also, what if my display resolution is greater than the resolution of the video?
greatant1337 Wrote:I usually find fanart that is just a screenshot from the movie pretty unexciting and doesn't really fit in with the promo-style that the majority of fanart uses.

Also, what if my display resolution is greater than the resolution of the video?

Yeah, it'd only really work if it was a high def movie. I find stills from movies are the fanarts I hate usually. I think I'd rather no fanart than crappy fanart. Big Grin
Didn't take any resolution into account. And yes i know stills are not fanart, but sometimes its better than nothing. But then again, usually movies without fanart are having no fanart because there are no fans Laugh so maybe i can solve this problem by lifting my movie standards up a bit...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Generating fanart from video file0