SVN:24171 Strange Behaviour of XBMC with Event Ghost
Hi there,

i tried again with an update to SVN:24171.

My Setup:

I set up my MCE to work with Event Ghost to emulate Keystrokes.
In Event Ghost i use the Multitap plugin to use the number buttons to jump within the list to the corresponding entry e.g: press 2 times a -> Event Ghost emulates the B -> XBMC jump to the first movie beginning with B. The Info button (i) on the remote is mapped to the key stroke i which should open the info window the movie.

My problem:
When i start XBMC everything work as expected. The info button on the remote starts the info window. So far, so good.
When i start jumping with the help of the Mutlitap plugin the info button (which is mapped to the keystroke i) jumps to the first movie beginning with an i. This means XBMC see the i as a Shift+i which is wrong...
The green Start Button on the MCE (mapped to Keystroke s) is interpreted as a Shift+s. The back button (mapped to backspace) is not interpreted at all.

In the Event Ghost log i can see that the right keystrokes where emulated.
But the interpreting went wrong.

Any guess what the problem is?
i've had trouble with pausing, but it may be my remote.

evenghost sends a single "pause" command and xbmc pauses.

eventghost sens a single "play" command and xbmc plays for a split second with sound and pauses again.

went back to an older build 23979 (i think) and it works again.

this happened on the first 2 builds after 24000. I shall get some logs later if anyone wants them.
i've got the same pausing issues with eventghost. running build 24211.
Hey Guys,

I'm not sure about the multitapping issue... but the latest version at SVN introduced the "Remote control sends keyboard presses" (at Apperence, Look& Feel), that when is enabled, implements multitapping inside XBMC: this means, you don't need EventGhost for multitapping anymore.

Now, about the Play and Pause issue: 24104 revision implemented support for the play, pause, stop, skip next and skip previous multimedia keys. what happens is: XBMC now understands play and pause. With EventGhost, XBMC will receive the command twice: one from the 24104 commit, and another from EventGhost, and thus pause won't work (in fact, it will pause, and play again at the same time).

So, after the 24104 revision, you should undo the play, pause, stop, skip next, and skip previous from evenghost (Rewind and Fast Forward were not implemented at 24104, so they should remain at EventGhost).
neil.j1983 Wrote:i've had trouble with pausing, but it may be my remote.

evenghost sends a single "pause" command and xbmc pauses.

eventghost sens a single "play" command and xbmc plays for a split second with sound and pauses again.

went back to an older build 23979 (i think) and it works again.

this happened on the first 2 builds after 24000. I shall get some logs later if anyone wants them.

I have the same issue as you running under 24195 with eventghost and mce remote. 24001 worked fine but seems any svn after has caused the pause and play buttons to no longer work correctly.
ecsousa Wrote:So, after the 24104 revision, you should undo the play, pause, stop, skip next, and skip previous from evenghost (Rewind and Fast Forward were not implemented at 24104, so they should remain at EventGhost).

Thanks, disabling those keys in my eventghost config worked like a charm...Big Grin
i'll give that a try, but i have the cheapo cyberlink remote, so i hope it works!
Thanks for the response,

It seems that the function "Remote control sends keyboard presses" doesn't work as expected with EventGhost and a MS MCE remote. Like Multitap isn't recognized. Is Event Ghost the troublemaker because i use for other functions.

For now i disabled the Multitap plugin and everthing is back at normal.
I have updated to the most recent revision, and the multitap got disabled again, even if I check the "Remote sends keystrokes" option. If fact, that option now only enabled navigation in the virtual keyboard using keyboard/remote arrows.

Does anyone knowns how to enabled the XBMC multitaping back back in the most recent revisions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN:24171 Strange Behaviour of XBMC with Event Ghost1