Last.FM Data veiwing Music Script [Beta]
spiff Wrote:yes, that will automagically be included as well.
I wish I could automagically add features to stuff I write Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:automagically
Is that in the dictionary yet?

So, basically your saying that now I need to write a visualization? Well, at least I sparked interest in this, and FWIW, I will still release the script.

Thanks

Gudy
No, you won't need to write a visualization, you'll just need to add the correct parts to the musicvisualization.xml (or is is MusicVisualisation.xml?, I've seen both I think) of the skin of your choice.
spiff Wrote:yes, that will automagically be included as well.

great, thanx! :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
no. it will be all skin. it works. it's in svn. @ r24254

note that this is AFTER the alpha tag, i.e. not included in the alpha.
also i can't argue that the additional requested strings is a bug so i will revisit those after release.
this means atm you only have the fanart to play with through the new musicplayer.property() infolabel
spiff Wrote:no. it will be all skin. it works. it's in svn. @ r24254

note that this is AFTER the alpha tag, i.e. not included in the alpha.
also i can't argue that the additional requested strings is a bug so i will revisit those after release.
this means atm you only have the fanart to play with through the new musicplayer.property() infolabel

yup, it's working. thanx again!

i've added MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image) to the wiki.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
after some internal discussion we agreed this could go in:

all props you had for listitems in the library views are now available. this is how it works;

album property listitem.property(description) -> musicplayer.property(album_description)
artist property listitem.property(born) -> musicplayer.property(artist_born)

currently the old properties are available in the library views in addition to the old ones.
these will be removed after the release, i.e. you will always have to use the prefixed ones. this for consistency. so you may as well start changing your skins already. spread the word

finally i'd like to apologize to the thread starter for
1) thread hijack
2) making his script somewhat deprecated before it was released.

it's just that these things were meant to have been available all along, i thought i had done them and nobody "complained" loud enough. not that i in any way blame others for my stupids Smile
spiff Wrote:after some internal discussion we agreed this could go in:

all props you had for listitems in the library views are now available. this is how it works;

album property listitem.property(description) -> musicplayer.property(album_description)

currently the old properties are available in the library views in addition to the old ones.
these will be removed after the release, i.e. you will always have to use the prefixed ones. this for consistency. so you may as well start changing your skins already. spread the word

finally i'd like to apologize to the thread starter for
1) thread hijack
2) making his script somewhat deprecated before it was released.

it's just that these things were meant to have been available all along, i thought i had done them and nobody "complained" loud enough. not that i in any way blame others for my stupids Smile

No worries Spiff, glad it got worked out. The script is coming regardless, I still need it for my crappy music collection that isn't well tagged since all it needs it the artist. Once I get the time to actually go through all my music and update the tags I will look at what is built in.

Thanks

Gudy
spiff Wrote:all props you had for listitems in the library views are now available. this is how it works;

Would probably be good to mention these additions on the front page. May get some people to revisit some skins to add/change things.

Thanks Spiff, next time I'll use ALL CAPS so you can hear meWink

Did I get this Wiki edit right?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Inf...ldid=13486
spiff Wrote:album property listitem.property(description) -> musicplayer.property(album_description)

question by a little skinning n00b:

the musicplayer.properties are then available both for displaying content in the standard lib views and for now playing infos? asking that because the current behaviour is the listitem ones are for views and the musicplayer ones for now playing info on current playing track..
cheers,azido :;):
azido Wrote:question by a little skinning n00b:

the musicplayer.properties are then available both for displaying content in the standard lib views and for now playing infos? asking that because the current behaviour is the listitem ones are for views and the musicplayer ones for now playing info on current playing track..

nope, you can still use listitem.property(foo), but use them in this way:

listitem.property(album_description)
listitem.property(artist_born)
ronie Wrote:nope, you can still use listitem.property(foo), but use them in this way:

listitem.property(album_description)
listitem.property(artist_born)

ah.. thanks for the enlighting.
spiff Wrote:currently the old properties are available in the library views in addition to the old ones.
these will be removed after the release, i.e. you will always have to use the prefixed ones. this for consistency.

none of the new prefixed labels appear to be working in DialogAlbumInfo.xml
should we continue to use the old ones in there, or is this something that still needs to be changed ?
did some more tests and noticed the MusicPlayer.Property(foo) values aren't cleared when playback ends.
ronie Wrote:did some more tests and noticed the MusicPlayer.Property(foo) values aren't cleared when playback ends.

so they stay onscreen after stop? are they refreshed on the next track's start though?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Last.FM Data veiwing Music Script [Beta]0