Last.FM Data veiwing Music Script [Beta]
azido Wrote:so they stay onscreen after stop? are they refreshed on the next track's start though?

yes & yes.

it's not a real issue in the visualisation screen as it will automatically exit when playback stops,
but if you're using those labels in 'now playing' (MyMusicPlaylist) they will stay on screen after the last song ends.
as a workaround you can add <visible>Player.HasAudio</visible> to those labels.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:but if you're using those labels in 'now playing' (MyMusicPlaylist) they will stay on screen after the last song ends.
as a workaround you can add <visible>Player.HasAudio</visible> to those labels.

exactly the idea i would go for next.
cheers,azido :;):
first one i'll remedy (overlook thanks for the nudge), r24295. second one is sorta by design. it would be a bit involved to do so i think i'll just dump the burden on you skinners ;P
The beta is now available for download. IT is beta, it might crash XBMC, but for me on Windows 7 with my music, it works pretty good.

Get it HERE

Thanks

Gudy
nice work. for a jukebox use case it is a much better idea than psychedelic visualizations, 1080p fanart, and animated cds...

it does seem like it is now feasible to re-implement most of the functionality using MusicVisualisation.Xml and native xbmc calls, but the amount of information you pull from last.fm (and multiple artist images) is what really makes the script.

smoother integration with existing skin ui and xbmc workflow is all that is really missing. might even overcome my hatred of python and white space sensitivity and drop it at some point.

(working perfectly on ubuntu 8.11, though the image scaling and font scaling is a little odd on 40" 1080p display)
schmoko Wrote:nice work. for a jukebox use case it is a much better idea than psychedelic visualizations, 1080p fanart, and animated cds...

it does seem like it is now feasible to re-implement most of the functionality using MusicVisualisation.Xml and native xbmc calls, but the amount of information you pull from last.fm (and multiple artist images) is what really makes the script.

smoother integration with existing skin ui and xbmc workflow is all that is really missing. might even overcome my hatred of python and white space sensitivity and drop it at some point.

(working perfectly on ubuntu 8.11, though the image scaling and font scaling is a little odd on 40" 1080p display)

Interesting, I have a 42in 1080p and it looks good. But like I said, the code is pretty rough. Personally, python and its tabs can kiss my .... But, it is cool that you can do things like this in XBMC, and it makes since for it to use python. Thanks for the feedback! I hope someone better with python than myself can improve on the design, or someone can integrate it with a skin to make it more fluid!

Gudy
Is there an InfoLabel to display the artist thumb during music visualization (not the album)? I'm an xml novice, and nothing from the InfoLabels Wiki was helpful. I took a stab @ <info>MusicPlayer.Artist</info> but that didn't work.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
how do you implement this into XBMC? thanks
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
download, put it in your scripts folder
thanks for the help Joebrady,
i downloaded and placed in the script file like you said. Yet when i go to script it doesn't list, can't seem to get it to function. Is there something that needs to be registerd?
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
I guess I should clarify... Download. Extract all the files to their own folder. Put that folder in the scripts folder. Then go to Scripts in XBMC, find the folder and open it, run the default.py there.

I haven't actually ran this....
thanks again for your help, like a nuckelhead i tried to put this in the XBMC main vs putting it under userdata. once i did that i was able to get the option in scripts. tried running controls don't seem to work though. i guess i miss read the thread but i was under the impression this was going to be like a screen saver or visualization vs having to be something that you would have to manually run. iether way i like where it is going hope this keeps on making progress.

thanks.
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
Hello Guys, sorry a newby here, just a quick question:

When I am in the music section, the artist biography for unknown artist show llike no info from Last.FM or incorrect info. So I would like to ADD my own info for foreign artist or music, where is the last.fm information stored in my PC? is there any database that I can manually edit and ADD new info? I have been looking into the mymusic.dbd Kody folder "userdate" but the information is not the same that last.fm show in my screen.

thanks in advance for any help

Sajarac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Last.FM Data veiwing Music Script [Beta]0