Difficulties getting remote to work properly [Windows]
I have both an MCE remote (RC6), and an original Xbox remote with Xbox to USB dongle for connection to my computer. I've been trying to use both and have set-up EventGhost for use with the Xbox remote right now. The MCE remote will let me use the directional pad, but I'm not sure how to program the rest of it. With EventGhost I've been able to use someone else's predefined map for use with my Xbox remote, but it seems to lag, and stutter a lot. When I used the Xbox remote with my modded xbox it worked perfectly, but with XBMC for windows it seems to occasionally miss my input, or act as if I pressed the button twice. It is especially flawed when holding down a button for scrolling through long lists. I imagine this is because I'm using some 3rd party software to recognize input. Since my set-up seems to have some sort of native support for the MCE remote, I think that might be a better bet, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to set it up. I've read numerous posts and the wiki, but I haven't been able to figure this out. If anyone can give me a step-by-step process to get it working I'd be most grateful. I'm using XBMC through Windows 7. Thank you!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60794 might be of interest, but note that you will have to uninstall EventGhost.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Difficulties getting remote to work properly [Windows]0