On screen Notifications
So I finally have downloading and importing automated. I have rss feeds set up in utorrent that automatically download my favorite shows. Upon completion of the download it moves it to my new downloads folder. Any time a new file shows up in this folder, it activates an eventghost script which currently copies the file into a temp folder (so I can continue seeding the original), then activates tvrename to organize the file correctly, and finally automatically updates my xbmc library.

What I would like to do is send XBMC a notification with that says something along the lines of "Download Complete, TV Show - S##E##."

I have looked into notifications and am able to send the message correctly using a web browser, but I think in order to send the TV Show name and info I will need to use some kind of script. I could activate this script using eventghost, but I'm not sure how to send the notification from within the script.

Any help would be appreciated!!!
use wget or curl inside your script to submit the command. or whatever windows equivalents there might be
spiff Wrote:use wget or curl inside your script to submit the command. or whatever windows equivalents there might be

Code:
http://ipaddress:port/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(Notification(File%20Download%20Complete,%20Show%20Info%20Here))
if you wanted to use a script..

Code:
import xbmc

cmd = 'XBMC.Notification(File Download Complete,Show Info Here )'
xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)
windows script mate - not a xbmc script.
spiff Wrote:windows script mate - not a xbmc script.

opps
Thanks for the tips. I will try using wget when I get home tonight.
The wget command worked like a charm. I'm just starting to use windows batch files and don't know how to separate a filename into multiple variables, so for now I am happy passing the entire file name.

Another project for another night...

Thanks for the Help!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
On screen Notifications0