Fanart in Compilation going wrong :(
ive started using xbmc one week ago so im fairly new
im using Trancparency! theme:

i have added many full albums, and carefully renamed, re tagged all of them and the results are quite good

My problem is as follows

i added one folder which contains a lot of mixed music there are no sub-folders in it, i re-tagged all songs to have
album name >> Limewire Folder
Album Artis >> Various Artists

Now what happens is that after xbmc scanned all the files it did 4 different things

1.) for the artists that it recognized to be already in my collections it gave them correct FANART and put "Limewire Folder" as a new album among their albums.

2.) for the artists and songs which it could not find already in my collections, xbmc used the scrapper to download new FANART for the artist eg. shakira - she wolf

3.) for the songs which it could not identify, it uses the default FANART that i put in the folder as fanart.jpg and folder.jpg

4.) Annoyingly it thinks more than 70 percent of all music is made by COLDPLAY,

i want to know 2 things

A.) what is the proper file format to be followed when making a compilation for xbmc
like ..... Limewire folder/akon/konvicted/smack that.mp3
or ........Limewire folder/akon/smack that.mp3
because currently all i have is ... Limewire folder/smack that.mp3

B.) seeing that shakira was found by the scrappers and her fanart put in along with a couple other songs it identified correctly ,,, i suppose there must be a manual way of telling it the FANART for each song .. i have been crazy enuf to download a lot of pictures to be used as fanart for songs in this folder plz help me use them appropriately !!!
A. We don't care about the filesystem at all. All we care about is the tags. If things are showing up incorrectly it's likely due to your tags being incorrect. Note that many tag reading (and setting) programs are rubbish and leave tags around that you don't know are there.
B. Artist fanart may be settable from the Artist Information perhaps?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Alright, so i can put file structure out of the way !

lets come to tags ... u can see in the first screenshot that the title and artist tags are correct for over half of the items eg. jeremih, lady gaga, lily allen
Also the song shown in the third screenshot .... ive looked it up on allmusic.com and it is there the scrapper should see it ..
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg...fwxb8hldae
but i will still try and look more into it

can u explain part 2 of ur answer in detail ? because the only option it gives on right-clicking the songs is the "song information" and nowhere do i see artist information..

speaking of which ... when i try to select a thumb image from my hard drive , it shows up with the song instantly , then as soon as u navigate away from the song and come back again .. it resets back to the default Sad

plz tell me if there is a manual way of adding FANART to songs/artists in the compilation mode in library
Bump
SOMEBODY PLEASE tell me if there is a manual way of adding FANART+THUMBS to songs/artists in the compilation in library
Highlight the artist. Context menu. Artist information.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Highlight the artist. Context menu. Artist information.

This workaround should work. I also believe that fanart.jpg and folder.jpg are not pulled from the folder for compilations. Actually, same applies for "album artist". I believe it has something to do with the mismatch between "tags" and "folder structure". As the "folder.jpg" and "fanart.jpg" are actually in a folder, the folder structure is not completely irrelevant.

Any idea whether this will be fixed in the future?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart in Compilation going wrong :(0