Need help with Apple Tv firmware 1.0
I just got an appletv 40gb with firmware 1.0. I already hacked it with patchstick with firmware 2.4. But when appletv reboots, i dont see a software menu. It goes straight to the default apple tv menu. I was wondering if the firmware for apple tv needs to be upgraded 2.4 before i can hack it or not. And is there way to manually upgrade apple tv to 2.4, the automatic ways seem to upgrade to 3.0 which i dont want to do.
hjd17 Wrote:I just got an appletv 40gb with firmware 1.0. I already hacked it with patchstick with firmware 2.4. But when appletv reboots, i dont see a software menu. It goes straight to the default apple tv menu. I was wondering if the firmware for apple tv needs to be upgraded 2.4 before i can hack it or not. And is there way to manually upgrade apple tv to 2.4, the automatic ways seem to upgrade to 3.0 which i dont want to do.

Nether Launcher nor Software Menu are supported under AppleTV OS 1.0. You need to update it. You should make a copy of the contents of the recovery partition. You will need it if you want to ever enabled AFP access.

Since you are at 1.0, you can't just apply the 2.4 dmg, you will be missing several real device firmware updates (IR, HDMI, etc). Factory restore to 1.0, do the Apple update to 3.0, then patchstick manually back to 2.4.
Okay i manually upgraded to 2.4 via osupdate through ssh. I tried the patchstick again, it seems to give me some sort of errors but cant really tell. So downloading the firmware again and going to give it one more try.
hjd17 Wrote:Okay i manually upgraded to 2.4 via osupdate through ssh. I tried the patchstick again, it seems to give me some sort of errors but cant really tell. So downloading the firmware again and going to give it one more try.

Hate to say it but you're not paying attention to what I recommended..
I figured it out. The problem was creating the patchstick using the usb image program. I was running it in volume mode, but was suppose to run it in device mode. Finally after a few hours of messing around i successfully hacked the appletv. Now to enjoy xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with Apple Tv firmware 1.00