XBMC 9.11 Alpha1 issues
Hi,

I downloaded Alpha1, and it just keeps crashing with an exit code 4.
I don't necessarily have to view a movie or anything, just browsing through my movie library will cause it to crash.

Here's the pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/m1118b0d

I tried rolling back to the previous build, but then, my library is completely empty.
Finally, MediaStream, my favorite skin is no longer working in this version Sad

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A couple of notes:

1. Try turning off media flag extraction (settings->video). A crash log (see the link in my sig) would be useful.
2. Mediastream should still work just fine - it wasn't included (and will not be included) with the builds in the future as it has not been updated for some time. You can always grab it (or one of the more modern versions, such as Mediastream_Redux) yourself.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan!
Turning off media flag extraction (settings->video) worked! Luv it
Please provide a crash log. We cannot fix the problem unless we can reproduce it.

Does it crash on the same file? If so, perhaps a sample of that file may also show the same behaviour, allowing us to reproduce it?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK, so after using this for a couple days, I noticed something very strange.
When playing movies in XBMC, after a certain time (30 minutes, 45 minutes), the video starts becoming choppy, ultimately leading to video and sound being completely out of synch.
When this happens, even playing music on the standard Apple TV menu is not working well (sound is distorted, and music plays slower).
Once this happens, the only fix that works is to reboot the Apple TV.

I don't know what I need to provide to help you troubleshoot this issue, since it's affecting the ATV, not just XBMC. Is there some kind of memory leak?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 9.11 Alpha1 issues0