[AppleTv] cannot get files to transfer using FTP
I want to transfer my video files to the apple tv so i can watch them using xbmc. I went through the online manuel and couldnt get it to work and didnt find any other threads that cover this so im asking here.

Im on win7 and WINscp for the server for FTP connection.
I hear this is easy to setup but i cant get it to work.

i have gotten video streaming to work easily using smb, but dont like to stream all the time with the pc on all day. which is y i wanna be able to transfer the video files. any help is appricated.
yooby Wrote:I want to transfer my video files to the apple tv so i can watch them using xbmc. I went through the online manuel and couldnt get it to work and didnt find any other threads that cover this so im asking here.

Im on win7 and WINscp for the server for FTP connection.
I hear this is easy to setup but i cant get it to work.

i have gotten video streaming to work easily using smb, but dont like to stream all the time with the pc on all day. which is y i wanna be able to transfer the video files. any help is appricated.

Do you already have a ftp server running? or do you wanna use sftp because you are talking about winscp?

If you installed the binutils with the patchstick, you already should have acces to ssh and sftp. Login with winscp user: frontrow pass: frontrow. This will allow you to send files to the appletv.

If you really have much to transfer then it would be better to use a ftp server. If you are on windows i would suggest using this tutorial.
http://forum.awkwardtv.org/viewtopic.php...e3a9#p2452
um i dont know how to setup the server. i was just told that winscp is best for doing this. also i dont know if i have binutils installed or not. i just installed whatever came as default with the patchstick. i havent seen it on the menu.

ive read that all i have to do is start a ftp server and use frontrow as user/password, but just dont know how to do this exactly. should i be connecting to xbmc from the pc or vise versa. im pretty new to this whole thing and havent found much help for windows pc.

also ya, i would be transfering a lot of files.
yooby Wrote:um i dont know how to setup the server. i was just told that winscp is best for doing this. also i dont know if i have binutils installed or not. i just installed whatever came as default with the patchstick. i havent seen it on the menu.

ive read that all i have to do is start a ftp server and use frontrow as user/password, but just dont know how to do this exactly. should i be connecting to xbmc from the pc or vise versa. im pretty new to this whole thing and havent found much help for windows pc.

also ya, i would be transfering a lot of files.

When you use the patch-stick, standard it will install the ssh.
That means that standard you can access with winscp and your apple IP and frontrow for user/password you can login.

So you dont have to start anything when you wanna use winscp. its there already (when you didint take away the checkmark for binutils when you were making the patchstick)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTv] cannot get files to transfer using FTP0