Control Power from Computer
Question 
hey all, i am new here and i was just wondering. i am setting up an automated room that is all computer controlled, SO, is it:
A) possible to somehow remotely control the on/off status of the xbox without turning it off at the power source by using a computer
B) if i turn the xbox off at the power consistently instead of turning it off with the button, will that damage it?
Tatheon Wrote:hey all, i am new here and i was just wondering. i am setting up an automated room that is all computer controlled, SO, is it:
A) possible to somehow remotely control the on/off status of the xbox without turning it off at the power source by using a computer
B) if i turn the xbox off at the power consistently instead of turning it off with the button, will that damage it?

Google for "X10"
Tatheon Wrote:hey all, i am new here and i was just wondering. i am setting up an automated room that is all computer controlled, SO, is it:
The how depends if you mean the good old xbox or xbmc on a computer. But yes, it is possible.
Quote:B) if i turn the xbox off at the power consistently instead of turning it off with the button, will that damage it?
Yes, of corse that may damage the xbox (or pc). That means you may be lucky and nothing happens - also for a lot of times - or you may be unlucky and loose your xbmc system plus all your media files.
But I think you're not in the right place here - your questions have nothing to do with "XBMC Development".
Take a look at the stuff we made here http://k8055.info/ with this you can connect 8 relays, or whatever you want. Even hook a relay up to the power button and make a proper startup and shutdown of it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Power from Computer0