HELP: Strange error with my X10!
i now have a VERY strange error, i hope that i'm able to explain it so that someone may
be ablee to understand it.

i've got 2 computers in my room - 1st my pc, 2nd the mediapc with xbmc windows-xp on it.

since yesterday, both of them were connected to the network via wlan, both through wlan-
usb-sticks. i rearranged my network yesterday and took a normal lan-cable from my router
to the uplink port of a 5-port switch. i connected bot, my pc and the mediapc via lan-cable
to that switch, so that they are now connected "wired" to the network.

so far, everything was running normal and faster, cuz' it's now 100mbit wired instead of
54mbit wireless before.

so far, so good - now the strange problem: both pc's are powered on, let's say i decide to
switch MY pc off and watch another movie on the mediapc - so i switch MY pc off, XBMC is running
on the mediapc BUT the x10 rf-remote-control is NOT working anymore ONLY under xbmc. GLOBAL
commands (like i configured them, e.g. a shortcut for turning off the pc) are still WORKING - but
the remote doesn't work under xbmc anymore. when i reboot the media-pc, everything is running normal.

i tested this several times - as soon as i switch OFF MY pc, the remote stops working for XBMC.
does ANY1 have a clue what this could be all about? because I'm clueless now Wink

ANY thoughts are appreciated! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP: Strange error with my X10!0