• 1(current)
Anyone have a Emprex 3009URF MCE RC?
Emprex 3009URF

I've bought one of these, now I'm trying to figure out how to get all of the buttons working.
Most work by default, like Play, Stop, the arrow buttons etc.
But some don't like the pause button.

From the xbmc.log file I see the following when pressed:
23:46:00 T:3042629520 M:1448550400 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 127, sym: 19, unicode: 0, modifier: 0

How would I enter that keypress event into the Keymap.xml file?

When I press the record button the following shows up in the xbmc.log :
23:46:38 T:3042629520 M:1448329216 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 175, sym: 0, unicode: 0, modifier: 0
23:46:39 T:3042629520 M:1448329216 DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46e_5578_noserial_if1_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | record

Again, any idea of how I would be able to get Xbmc to adknowledge the button press? The same as the method needed for the pause button event?

Updated: Solved by vorwrath
Did you get this to work? I'm going crazy over Linux (come from a Windows world) and get make head and tails of directories, files you have to edit etc etc
Got all the standard buttons to work, but I'm nearly sure 95% of those worked when I plugged it in Smile let me know if yea need the keymap thingy but I'm only using the standard buttons
Here Play, Stop, Back, i and a couple more works - but Pause don't work (for example) which is really a pain in the a..

Do you have something were Pause is working?

I can't even find the xbmc.log anywhere or get data with irw - feeling completely lost in this terminal driven Linux thingie. I'm using XBMC Live btw.
Ok, now I've found the xbmc.log file and can see the scan codes - but got no clue what to do with them Smile
I've seen this in the xbmc.log file:
Code:
18:21:41 T:3048560528 M:1453969408   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 9, sym: 27, unicode: 27, modifier: 0
18:21:41 T:3048560528 M:1453969408   DEBUG: OnKey: 61467 pressed, action is 10

I've read in the forum the there is a VKEY offset of 61440, so sym: 27 + 61440 = 61467 which is the OnKey value.

So in the Keymap.xml I tried to insert this line in the <keyboard> section:
<key id="61459">Pause</key>

As the sym: 19 when I press the Pause button on the remote.

When I then look in the xbmc.log I still don't see any OnKey event.

What am I doing wrongHuh
I've just received one of these remotes from Amazon to control an XBMC Live install on a dual core Revo. I am impressed, but also would like to get the other buttons working.

However, it does most of the basics - to get around your frustrations with the Pause button, just press the Play button whilst source is playing - it works as pause as well.

Not a complete solution but should ease your frustration until we can figure a more comprehensive fix !
I actually had figured out how to pause but would like to button to work too Smile

A better example would be the content menu - that one I can't find without some button on my remote (at least I think so).
KeRbDoG Wrote:Got all the standard buttons to work, but I'm nearly sure 95% of those worked when I plugged it in Smile let me know if yea need the keymap thingy but I'm only using the standard buttons

Pretty please? Smile
au41011 Wrote:I've just received one of these remotes from Amazon to control an XBMC Live install on a dual core Revo. I am impressed, but also would like to get the other buttons working.

However, it does most of the basics - to get around your frustrations with the Pause button, just press the Play button whilst source is playing - it works as pause as well.

Not a complete solution but should ease your frustration until we can figure a more comprehensive fix !

I'm getting one these myself for my Revo 3610 with XBMCLive installed.

I'm a complete noob to Linux. Will this remote work? If so, do I need to installed any drivers (and how).

Help apprecieated. Ta
I'm also looking to buy one of these - surely EventGhost set up as documented here would get around any problems:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38579
Or am i missing something? Any reason not to get this remote?

Thanks!
vigalent Wrote:I'm getting one these myself for my Revo 3610 with XBMCLive installed.

I'm a complete noob to Linux. Will this remote work? If so, do I need to installed any drivers (and how).

Help apprecieated. Ta

I'm a complete Linux n00b too and would recommend that you find a different remote as this one is complete hell to get to work - I've given up for now and am ordering a different one as no one seems to know what to do with this one.
kiboy6 Wrote:I'm also looking to buy one of these - surely EventGhost set up as documented here would get around any problems:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38579
Or am i missing something? Any reason not to get this remote?

Thanks!

EventGhost is for the Windows platform and we're talking Linux here. The only reason I use the Linux platform for this one thing is that the ION chipset isn't used for video acceleration in the Windows version of XBMC. You will then (on Windows) have to launch a 3rd party player when you want to watch HD movies.
Couldn't recommend it enough !! For 15 quid......does all the basic functions it should, does everything it says on the tin, works a treat with XBMC Live out of the box .....buttons are satisfying to use, well made, and it doesn't require line of sight as uses radio rather than IR....

Not perfect, but then if you want programmable buttons, macros, and every single button to work, spend £60.......or don't set up your own xbmc system !Laugh
Varming Wrote:EventGhost is for the Windows platform and we're talking Linux here. The only reason I use the Linux platform for this one thing is that the ION chipset isn't used for video acceleration in the Windows version of XBMC. You will then (on Windows) have to launch a 3rd party player when you want to watch HD movies.

Oops...sorry for threadjacking then...but while I'm here, presumably with eventghost this remote would be perfect for xbmc right? Laugh
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone have a Emprex 3009URF MCE RC?0