'Exit XBMC' locks it up instead of exiting...
Question 
Windows 7 x64, 8gb ram, nvidia 8800GT...

It seems that when I try to exit XBMC through the in-program shortcut to do so, it locks up (freezes) instead of cleanly exiting. I'm using 9.11 Alpha1.

Can this be fixed?
Some people post useless question because they don't provide the necessary information: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

Can this be fixed please? Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm getting the exact same problem. Had to hit windows button + L to get out of it and kill with task manager.

I am running:

9.11 Alpha1
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHZ
5GB RAM
Nvidia 9400 onboard HDMI 191.07 Drivers
Onboard sound through Nvidia
Cirago BT adapter with windows bluetooth stack
Sony BD remote

At work, so that's all I got now.
Please post full debug log ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
I had it happen several times as well. Only seems to happen if I watch a video which of course all mine are on my NAS. Not sure if thats related to anything what-so-ever. I don't have all the spec info here, but just throwing that out as a tid bit of info.
Is this related to previously posted problem?
Same problem here. It happens randomly when I try to play a video (no external player) and when I exit XBMC.

Here's a debug log when I try to play a video: /logs/videofreeze_xbmc.log']videofreeze_xbmc.log

And here's a debug log when I exit XBMC: /logs/exitfreeze_xbmc.log']exitfreeze_xbmc.log

Hope that helps.
@bb10: Second one is known - if you wait a while (until the weather info is downloaded) it should exit cleanly. Please confirm.

First one appears to be something that *might* be file-specific. Does it always happen on this file?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:@bb10: Second one is known - if you wait a while (until the weather info is downloaded) it should exit cleanly. Please confirm.
Confirmed I guess. It doesn't happen very often so I guess that's it.

jmarshall Wrote:First one appears to be something that *might* be file-specific. Does it always happen on this file?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Yes and on other (similar) files, but it happens randomly. The files are MKV files with 720p/1080p H.264 video.
I had a similar problem when exiting xbmc when not connected to internet. i had to clear out the gateway to resolve it.
I can reproduce "exit freeze" as well .. Will try tonight to see if fix works ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Lockup on exit should be fixed in r24536.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:Lockup on exit should be fixed in r24536.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Just had one on r24548. Tongue

Unfortunately, I didn't have debug logging enabled when it happened so here's the normal log. Will upload the debug log when it happens again.

EDIT: Here's the /logs/exitfreeze2_debug_log_xbmc.log]debug log. Smile
Thanks for the heads up - think I forgot to cancel the job. Let me check (easy to reproduce here as I'm behind a firewall).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Exit XBMC' locks it up instead of exiting...0