Xbox360 + Time Capsule + XBMC
I've been using my Macbook Pro which runs Plex together with my Time Capsule as a media center solution. However, I want a permanent solution (hooking-up and unhooking my macbook pro to TV is annoying).

I am looking into a cheap solution. I can buy a xbox360 off some friend. Can the xBox 360 run xbmc, connect to my timecapsule and in such replace my Macbook as media center?

I
digyourownhole Wrote:I've been using my Macbook Pro which runs Plex together with my Time Capsule as a media center solution. However, I want a permanent solution (hooking-up and unhooking my macbook pro to TV is annoying).

I am looking into a cheap solution. I can buy a xbox360 off some friend. Can the xBox 360 run xbmc, connect to my timecapsule and in such replace my Macbook as media center?

I

When it comes to the XBOX360 read this, its a no-go http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40236

cheap solution will be apple tv if you dont run the heavy skins on it and if you can wait for the crystal HD drivers for playing HD content with it.
I had the same situation.

I have a MPB and a Timecapsule.

I bought a secondhand Apple TV for 100$, installed XBMC, apple AFP and now use my iPhone to connect and play music.

PM for more info
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox360 + Time Capsule + XBMC0