[LIVE] SMB Videos randomly stopping
XBMC running on Zotec Ion, 2GB RAM using VPDAU, streaming media from an SMB Share, 100Mbps ethernet.

1st Issue is, videos will stop after a few minutes (Anywhere between a minute and 5 minutes).

http://pastebin.com/m7d224bae

2nd, It seems to take a while to launch videos over a certain size, is it just caching?

Thanks

(I've posted this in a different board as well, but it didn't make as much sense there, hopefully this will be easier for people to identify. My Apologies for dupe question).
You are getting some odd timeout over your network. I'm not sure if live was updated to karmic.. If that is the case there seem to be a bug in libsmbclient on that.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

FFS! Stare
It's always the last place you look. I switched back to my old xbox for the night, and the problem repeated. The issue was being caused by the server - there appears to have been a faulty molex plug leading to the drive causing dips in power. Fortunately there doesn't seem to be any corruption.

In the end, I swapped some drives out, teminated the faulty molex, and installed freenas - I'm now streaming without an issue. Thanks Smile

I doubt other users would experience the same issue, but if you're having the same symptom, an obvious step (I overlooked) would be to try and stream from a different server if possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] SMB Videos randomly stopping0