How to connect to remote NAS ftp server with xbmc?
Its seconds... That is a timeout override for SAMBA. See Advancedsettings.xml#.3Csamba.3El (wiki) Perhaps you wanna look at what sleep settings your NAS has set for the Drives.
(2013-12-26, 20:43)uNiversal Wrote: Its seconds... That is a timeout override for SAMBA. See Advancedsettings.xml#.3Csamba.3El (wiki) Perhaps you wanna look at what sleep settings your NAS has set for the Drives.

Ran a movie after changing it and it cut out at 25:22. 1440 seconds amounts to 24 minutes, so I'll try 86400. I've had a check at my NAS (DNS-320) and all the sleep settings are turned off. I doubt it would be the NAS thought, as I can access it via my PC simultaneously to xbmc failing to access it. an xbmc reboot fixes the issue and with my xBox, I just restart the application and it works again.
XBMC 13.02 'Gotham'
Windows 8.1

Zotac Ionitx F-E
Sandisk 32GB SSD
500GB Samsung 2.5" SATA Drive
4GB 800 mHz 240 pin DDR2 DIMM
Compucase 8K01 Mini ITX Case With 120w
HP RC6 IR MCE Remote

NAS DNS-320 Sharecentre
Netgear WN2000RPT Range Extender
I dont think the timeout override has any relation to when the server will cut off I think its a delay to allow for server to respond in event of hdd spinup etc. But eh whatever works.
Ran it this time to 47:51. Definitely something about xbmc cutting out at 24 minute intervals. Never had this problem when I ran it through an android box. Is there something different between the androird and live versions?
XBMC 13.02 'Gotham'
Windows 8.1

Zotac Ionitx F-E
Sandisk 32GB SSD
HP RC6 IR MCE Remote

NAS DNS-320 Sharecentre
What and what version? Live? Doesnt exist anymore and sure plenty differences what differences would affect this idk.

You're yet to pastebin any debug log (wiki) so I'll presume you dont want any real help.
I'm running xbmcbuntu 12.2 (Frodo).

I'll try and get hold of a debug log
XBMC 13.02 'Gotham'
Windows 8.1

Zotac Ionitx F-E
Sandisk 32GB SSD
HP RC6 IR MCE Remote

NAS DNS-320 Sharecentre
Update to 12.3 via ppa
(2013-12-26, 22:52)uNiversal Wrote: Update to 12.3 via ppa

12.3 isn't available as a ubuntu download yet. I didn't notice this issue was one of the bug fixes...?
XBMC 13.02 'Gotham'
Windows 8.1

Zotac Ionitx F-E
Sandisk 32GB SSD
HP RC6 IR MCE Remote

NAS DNS-320 Sharecentre
Yes there is https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ppa
I went all Sherlock on my setup and narrowed it down to the router (Buffalo Airstation WHR G300N V2). Switched it over to my old Sky router and xbmc is accessing my NAS files without a hitch. Only issue is that my Sky router is an isolated network, it won't connect to my wireless modem. To be clear, this is the setup I need:

I''m using the Buffalo router as a wireless extender and all items can access the NAS and the wireless router (internet). I just need to figure out what the problem is with my router settings that cause it to cut out every 24 minutes. I've turned off any energy saving/sleep modes, to no avail.

Any ideas where I should be looking?

Product details in my signature.
XBMC 13.02 'Gotham'
Windows 8.1

Zotac Ionitx F-E
Sandisk 32GB SSD
HP RC6 IR MCE Remote

NAS DNS-320 Sharecentre
I think I have discovered the issue with the routine disconnection of the NSA. I upgrade my wifi extender to a Netgear, set up with a fixed IP address, but had the same issue. Taking a look at the devices list and discovered that XBMC has a tendency of changing IP address have 20 minutes or so. The solution would be to program XBMC to use a fixed IP address. This will take some linux programming skill. Can anyone guide me through this?

I am currently using xbmcubuntu Frodo 12.2. Seems the only guides out there require xbmc on top of windows.
XBMC 13.02 'Gotham'
Windows 8.1

Zotac Ionitx F-E
Sandisk 32GB SSD
HP RC6 IR MCE Remote

NAS DNS-320 Sharecentre
Many thanks to James Livingstone who wrote how to fix a static IP in his blog

In case this ever disappears, I have pasted the relevant parts of the guide:

So start by using the keyboard to go down to the ‘power icon’ hit enter and choose ‘exit’ this will take you to a desktop style log-in screen. You will need to use the password you choose when installing the OS in step 1: and you will need to select xbmcbuntu from the drop-down box instead of XBMC. This will log you into the OS

Once in the OS and assuming that you are using a wired connection, use the mouse to right click on the icon in the taskbar that looks like two arrows (one up, one down), then click edit connections, a menu will appear

Select ‘Wired Connection 1’ (should now be highlighted) and then choose the option edit, a new box will appear and you need to click on the tab entitled IPv4 Settings

Now using the drop-down box next to ‘Method’ change this to Manual, then under Addresses select ‘add’ (button with green plus sign). In ‘address’ type the IP address you want for your computer, as stated mine will be 192.168.0.3, ‘netmask’ will be 255.255.255.0 and ‘gateway’, ‘DNS Server’ and ‘Search Domains’ will be the address of your router in my case 192.168.0.1. Finally click save in the bottom right hand corner

We now just need to log out of the desktop, so click on the play arrow (bit like the start menu in Windows) and choose ‘logout’ and the select ‘logout’ again. This will take you back to the log in box discussed in step 'A'

We now need to log back into the ‘XMBC’ environment so select this from the drop-down box and type in your password and you will be taken back into the pretty XBMC interface (the reason for this step before doing a reboot is that by default the OS will reboot into the last logged in session, so if we rebooted from step ‘E’ we would be taken back to the xbmcbuntu desktop rather than the XBMC interface). Now select the power button icon and choose reboot from the following list. On reboot the IP address will have changed.

I hope other users find this helpful!!!
XBMC 13.02 'Gotham'
Windows 8.1

Zotac Ionitx F-E
Sandisk 32GB SSD
HP RC6 IR MCE Remote

NAS DNS-320 Sharecentre
SOLUTION!!!

The disconnection issue is definitely due to the DHCP setting. Managed to resolve this by setting a STATIC IP. I found the following conditions to work with my IPV4 settings, although you should check your router/extender status info:

IP Address - Use whatever the IP is currently set as. I tried setting it to what I wanted the IP to be, but for something reason, it never worked and couldn't connect to the internet.
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0 - Simples!
Default Gateway - Use whatever the router/extender is set to
DNS Servers - Use the settings from the router/extender. There should be two of these.

I found linux to be a pain to find and apply these settings. I ended up changing to windows 8 and running ipconfig. Poifect!!!

I'm now watching 'A Man Apart'... no interruptions!!!

Hope this helps others.
XBMC 13.02 'Gotham'
Windows 8.1

Zotac Ionitx F-E
Sandisk 32GB SSD
HP RC6 IR MCE Remote

NAS DNS-320 Sharecentre

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help