• 4(current)
XBMC Live 9.11 alpha1 released
l.capriotti Wrote:this is the time grub takes to load payload ie kernel and initrd.
Try with a quick USB disk or change USB port (front/back) as reported in a post.

Well, I am using the very same stick as before. My prev install was booting much faster. It's an OCZ Rally2 which does ~30 MB/s. If it's reading for 30 secs, that would be 900 MB in total.

I will try to use legacy grub. Is that possible? Where are the parameters stored for grub2?
you can easily use grub legacy - or syslinux if you prefer so. Grab the kernel parameters from /boot/grub/grub.cfg and report your findings.
After all GRUB2 it's still a pre-release itself...
Quote:- Inacceptable delay in boot sequence (grub2 -> kernel: what's going on here??)

l.capriotti, I have the same experince on my Asrock ION 330 on USB Live.
We are talking about a 1minute timeout or something.
l.capriotti Wrote:you can easily use grub legacy - or syslinux if you prefer so. Grab the kernel parameters from /boot/grub/grub.cfg and report your findings.
After all GRUB2 it's still a pre-release itself...

I'll give it a try and will post results here.

Any idea regarding standby/resume?
Ok, I installed it but doesnt boot ( neither grub ). Why? Sad
Quote:Any idea regarding standby/resume?

For me standby works but not resume on Remote.
I think it was topfs2 that said it was not fully supported on USB. That is possible, with 9.04.1 on the HD it works fine.
I don't want to test on the HD right now since no stable PPA is available.
Quote:Ok, I installed it but doesnt boot ( neither grub ). Why?
You probably did not follow the instructions.
I think you will find most people will struggle to help you based on the information you provided.

Another though altough it is not for me to say, this this thread is regarding a alpha release. If you are struggling it may be advisable to try the stable LiveCD (9.04.1)
fresh install of linux and xbmc last night and with default settings i am getting crashes when playing mp4 files. crash/debug log can be found here.

looks like for some reason when the player is set to auto detect, its trying to use VDPAU, but only on mp4 files? changing this to software corrected the problem altogether. (i have intel graphics, not nvidia on this machine so im not sure how thats happening)
Love the new version so far. However, I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic. The only problem I am seeing so far is that when I try to play a ripped DVD in .ISO format that I created using Nero on a Windows PC it hangs. It worked in the older version without issue, but that was on Ubuntu 8.04 and the previous stable release of XBMC.

I am running on a MSI Wind Nettop 100
l.capriotti, will you update your installXBMC.py script to work with the 9.11 branch?

The 9.11 .iso doesn't seem to pass the if not aType.find("iso9660") >0 condition in your script.

Do you think the script would work with the newer iso without any modifications if just the iso would pass the test above?
Antec Fusion 430 V2 | Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H (Intel GMA 3100) | Intel E6750 | MCE Remote and Keyboard | Plays 1080p without any problem
ekurin Wrote:The 9.11 .iso doesn't seem to pass the if not aType.find("iso9660") >0 condition in your script.
ths for the notification, an oversight. I will amend accordingly.

ekurin Wrote:Do you think the script would work with the newer iso without any modifications if just the iso would pass the test above?
Feel free to try... Wink Jokes apart, it should work. If not you will receive an error, nothing major will occurr.
There is no installer for the Alpha on the Iso ?
OK, finally I am back home and gave grub legacy a try.

Now, it takes 25s to load on my setup, starting from the moment the entry is chosen from the grub menu until the ready-to-use XBMC menu appears.

Before it took me more than that just to see the initial splash screen.

So maybe grub2 needs some improvements...

Bye
mulder77de
Okay, i launched the script via ssh and I get this:
Checking device /dev/sda ...
Found disk: /dev/sda
Skipping boot device (/dev/sdb) ...
Checking device /dev/sdc ...
Checking device /dev/sdd ...
Checking device /dev/sde ...
Checking device /dev/sdf ...
Checking device /dev/sdg ...

Choose disk to use

1: /dev/sda (78150 MB) - FIXED disk

Type the digit, or 0 to restart the procedure: 1

The selected disk appears to be a fixed disk.

Do you want the installer to handle it as a removable disk instead (Y/N)? n
Erasing disk /dev/sda, proceed (Y/N)? y
Partitioning & formatting disk...
Copying system files - please wait...
Error mounting device: /dev/sdb1 - Exiting.

Why? Sad

The hdd was /dev/sda and usb stick was /dev/sdb.
bartman Wrote:How did you get the Xbox DVD-kit working? I just upgraded and now my remote is not working anymore. It used to work with hardware.conf and lircd.conf in the Config directory. Blacklisting the remote in blacklist.conf made it more stable.
With 9.11 none of these settings seem to work.

BTW I am using XBMC Live 9.11 Alpha from a USB stick

In case you're wondering how to fix this, try the posting here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...dvd+remote

run the linux command "irw" and press up or down on the remote. If you see the input there then you know the remote is at least working.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 9.11 alpha1 released0