• 7(current)
XBMC Live 9.11 alpha1 released
why is the link taking me to xbmc live 9.04?
the link at the top still takes you to 9.04
I've noticed that if I exit xbmc and go into linux, it shows my usb hdd there. If I then load xbmc, it works fine. However, if I boot straight into xbmc, the drive is not seen. Any ideas?
Downloaded and burt this twice last night.... it will boot off CD fine and run fine - but as soon as I try to move the highlighter down to install it crashes.... works fine if I install windows Sad
outleradam Wrote:the link at the top still takes you to 9.04

Click on the xbmc live link below the "Current Pre-release: Camelot Alpha1" text Smile
When I choose "suspend" the first time, everything is fine. When I choose "suspend" the second time, XBMC immediately re-wakes. Sad

I tried to edit /boot/grub/menu.lst

title XBMCLive - NVIDIA GPU
kernel /vmlinuz initrd=initrd0.img boot=usb quiet splash usbcore.autosuspend=-1 xbmc=nvidia,nodiskmount,tempfs,setvolume loglevel=0
initrd /initrd0.img
quiet
boot

But it didn't work. XBMC wasn't even booting in a proper way. :/ Any Ideas?
Download page for live version offers 9.04 and there is no link to 9.11?
What am I missing?

EDIT:
there it is Smile
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/files/XBMC%20Live/
dogotcat Wrote:Am i doing something wrong because I install the xbmc live version a usb on my asrock. When it goes to boot into it after all is done installing after reboot.I get is a blank screen. there is also no xbmc folder on the usb.

Huh

I have the same basic issue, trying to install from my USB and all I see is a blank screen with a blinking cursor type of thing. I can't type anything when this is happening. What have I done wrong? This was working fine when I used the current stable XBMC release. I am running the Acer Aspire Revo. Thanks for any guidance that can be provided.
I'm trying to boot it on the Apple TV.

Here's what I did:

I installed, as suggested by davilla, XBMC Live 9.11 RC1 on a flash drive first using my MacBook 2,1 , then copied the contents to a new directory. Then I copied the files to a linux partition using the atv bootloader. I booted it on the Apple TV, did telnet to the apple tv and then tried to boot the XBMC LIve installation but it gave me this error: "Mouting root filesystem, can't open /scripts/usb, kernel panic not syncing"

Any idea to get the Apple TV booting the kernel? I don't get why it's not booting. Maybe it's because the installation program (the text mode one included now on the RC of 9.11) just got the hardware modules from the MacBook, but I don't think so, it's always so generic, at least the kernel should have booted and it didn't do so.

Thank you guys.

jp
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 9.11 alpha1 released0