newbie resolution issue
Hi,

Sorry for the newbie post...not sure what to even search for yet.

I have a PC hooked up to both a LCD computer monitor (DVI) and my HDTV (DVI to HDMI cable). I use the LCD as my primary control monitor and display xbmc on the HDTV.

I have a problem with the screen resolution using the default XBMC skin. If I set the HDTV to 720 (1152x720?), I can see movies in full screen. The problem is that I can't see other controls such as the exit button on the bottom of the main screen or the button on the top right of the movie screen to bring up the on-screen control.

If I change the resolution to 1080, I can see everything but the movies only show in a box in the middle of the screen.

I have noticed that in in either resolution, there are areas of the display that are off of the screen...not quite sure how to fix that yet.

Are the skins designed for a specific resolution? Can I display a skin in one resolution and a movie in another?

Any pointers on where I can get more info to solve my problem would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I'll ditto some of this post. I'm also an xbmc newbie. I have my pc hdmi out to hdmi in on my tv. I can't seem to find a resolution that shows the default skin properly. I haven't even begun to try to watch movies until I'm sure I can view the entire screen. I've tried multiple resolutions on my native 1920x1080 screen. No luck. I've also tried multiple zoom levels as well. If I could zoom to 30% I could probably fit everything on the screen, but alas it stops at 20%.

Suggestions?
All you have to do is calibrate the screen in the settings.
Settings
Appearance
Screen
Video Calibration
Press THANK USER if I Help
Thanks for your help. I did also find that I could set the display resolution in the same area of the settings menu. Works great! Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
newbie resolution issue0