XBMCBuntu can't finish install
I just downloaded the Koala version of XBMCBuntu today and followed the steps to the letter.

I got all the way through to the reboot part and restarted the system. System boots up to a black screen. I cannot SSH in (even though I told it to install OpenSSH). I can't even ping the system.

Where might I have gone wrong?
Update:

If I press the restart button I am taken to the GNU Grub 1.97~beta4 screen

Code:
Ubuntu, Linux 2.6.31-14-generic
Ubuntu, Linux 2.6.31-14-generic (recovery mode)
Memory test (memtest86+)
Memory test (memtest86+, serial console 115200)

If I select either the first or second entry it appears to just sit there and do nothing. It's hung.
EXACT same problem with Jaunty too.
decided to go back to XBMC Live. Willing to pay someone to get the remote and display working properly
k, what's with the remote and display?

What type of remote and display do you have?
outleradam Wrote:k, what's with the remote and display?

What type of remote and display do you have?

Its the iMon remote and display. I own THIS unit.
I can run this command
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc

But I get the error described in this post
first off, just so you know, root is dangerous

type sudo passwd root to enable the root account
try that command again
if it does not work type apt-get purge lirc
then apt-get install lirc
root can't be locked out, however enabling the root account leaves your computer open to attacks.
cool, I'll give that a try.

how can I close root at the end of it all?
type oz[ixhcoizhnxcv;lzhdfopigjhsjfas;lkdj in any screen, copy that to your clipboard and paste it as your new password, copy that to a memory stick and keep it somewhere safe.

also, check the LIRC website to see if your remote is currently supported. It's a matter of time if it is not.
oh yeah, and use the command irw after installing lirc to see the output from the remote. let's see what you've got from irw after reinstalling lirc.
passwd: You may not view or modify password information for root.
nm... I'm in

sudo passwd root

... I'll try your suggestion now.
cool... no errors there.
Gonna keep going to try some more good stuff. Thanks for the help thus far.
Ok so I was able to update the software based on the LIRC command mentioned previously, however if I run "(T: XBMCLive)root@XBMCLive:~# irw", I cannot see any commands being received by the system.

I used the iMon Pad configuration to set it up, but I'm not sure if there is anything else that I need to do. Do I need to run any kind of LIRC Update, do I need to modify any config files? Any more suggestions you might have would be welcomed with open arms.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu can't finish install0