sounds like french to me....
After all your help i decided to go with the revo over the apple. Found a great how-to on the site. Is there a great place to start when it come to the "next" step? for example pluggins...scripts (whatever that means)? Sorry for the dumb question but ive been on this site for the last 4 days....and i dont feel like ive learned past installing live.
Nice, the Revo is a nice little box.

I suggest just playing around with Live, get your videos going etc. and get comfortable with the software.

Then you can start with plugins. I'm not sure, but usually the SVN repo installer (lovely name...) is installed by default. You might have access to it through the favourites button (blue button on the right on the homepage of PM3.HD) or via Programs (which may or may not be enabled by default).

It should be reasonably self-explanatory once you have it running. Note that many plugins may not function 100% - they're 3rd party apps, and the ones that the SVN repo installer installs are not vetted for quality.

One that functions well is the Apple Movie Trailers Lite video plugin.

Have fun!

Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thank you kind sir.... will do so!
The XBMC Online Manual
While you wait for it to ship, why don't you install XBMC for the computer you got and learn all the basics, adding sources, trying new skins, etc...

Thats what I did when I first learned of XBMC and ordered a xbox off Ebay. So when it finally arrived I didn't have to waste 2-3 days of learning, I could just plug it in and go.

Oh and start with PM3 don't jump to Aeon or the prettier skins, PM3 navigation really helps with the learning curve.
tried to install on my window's 7 cpu. getting a open gl fatal error. its asking me to contact my video card vendor for some kind of a update.... could not figure it out. will try looking on the windows section here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sounds like french to me....0