• 2(current)
[LINUX] Add VAAPI (VA API) Video Acceleration API support?
It's on my todo list, but wanted to get dxva working somewhat first.. It's sort of ground to a halt thou, so maybe i'll look at it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Would be awesome, cause somehow my 4850e isn't strong enough for 1080p without help from my hd3200...
i just read this:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...&px=ODEyNw

sounds awsome, can someone confirm??
They even linked to the commit on xbmc.org, what more confirmation do you need?
Any chance of getting a PPA build with vaapi support soon?
bobo1on1 Wrote:They even linked to the commit on xbmc.org, what more confirmation do you need?

How do I enable VAAPI support ? Is is automatic or do I have to compile with VAAPI support and enable a gui setting.

It looks like ATOM 330 doesn't support VAAPI but Pineview does. Here is article explaining how to enable for Ubuntu 9.10:

http://linux-tipps.blogspot.com/2009/12/...-wind.html
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
bobo1on1 Wrote:They even linked to the commit on xbmc.org, what more confirmation do you need?

someone who tried it
bolzerrr Wrote:someone who tried it

then apply your brain really really really hard. after 5h of intense brainwork you'll (possibly) finally realize that 'hmm, the committer might just have tested it'.
spiff Wrote:then apply your brain really really really hard. after 5h of intense brainwork you'll (possibly) finally realize that 'hmm, the committer might just have tested it'.

i´m shure he did- but sometimes it happens that it doesn´t work on every platform. but i see, its the wrong place to discuss, sorry for disturbing your circles
Vaapi activate automaticaly? or i need to change something into configuration or compile process?

Edit: I compile r29203 sucessfully but vaapi don't work Sad

here the log

21:19:16 T:2932779888 M:1003646976 DEBUG: CDVDFactoryCodec: compiled in hardware support: Crystal HD:yes VDPAU:yes VAAPI:no

why don't work? isn't compatible with XvBA?

Edit again: After install with "make install" works Big Grin

Megacubo:
Sweet some confirmation that XvBA backed vaapi works Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:Megacubo:
Sweet some confirmation that XvBA backed vaapi works Smile

So ......... I understand core I3 embedded GPU is used by vaapi and Processor is under 20% or charge, is it?.

That's a great thing.

Marky.
is the X4500HD (G45) chip supported? Can't find any real information about it.
o_dog Wrote:is the X4500HD (G45) chip supported? Can't find any real information about it.

Yes is supported

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA#T...phics_core
Megacubo Wrote:Vaapi activate automaticaly? or i need to change something into configuration or compile process?

Edit: I compile r29203 sucessfully but vaapi don't work Sad

What videocard do you have ? Did you pass any arguments to make during compile to support vaapi ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Add VAAPI (VA API) Video Acceleration API support?1