• 7(current)
[LINUX] Add VAAPI (VA API) Video Acceleration API support?
Things is thou, vaapi issues are unlikely to be fixed in xbmc.. The code in xbmc is quite simple and clear. If the issues are not reproducable with mplayer-vaapi then it's atleast abit more likely its a bug in xbmc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Btw.. new ATI drivers might actually have solved some of the jittering issues with VAAPI i just heard from the head vaapi dev.

And some goods knew for the intel guys. Apperently IEGD 10.4 will support what we need to get VAAPI acceleration on their card going Smile (not out yet, but apperently on their prio list)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

New Poulsbo drivers are out I hear. Anyone test w/ Vaapi?
Is anyone aware if the latest Catalyst drivers fix the issue where the image has a green tinge to everything white? Seems to appear and disappear as the shot moves.
@my1997golf: you're sure there is nothing wrong with your cable? What GPU do you have? I've got a HD4200 and see no green...
Thanks for the help. I recompiled the latest xmbc and also updated to the latest Catalyst drivers and my impression is that it is better. The video card is a Radeon 4550 HD. I have a WD TV Live which I can use to perform some back-to-back comparisons (with the same cable).
Hi there. Is VAAPI still in the trunk or needs some special toggle? I have mplayer-vaapi successfully compiled and working and also XBMC ./configures with VAAPI: Yes and builds fine - but cannot choose VAAPI rendering like mentioned here before. Building 31102 on lucid. GPU is a Radeon 48xx

oliver@ubuntu:~/r/xbmc$ vainfo
libva: libva version 0.31.0-sds6
Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA API version: 0.31
vainfo: Driver version: Splitted-Desktop Systems XvBA backend for VA API - 0.6.11
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
VAProfileMPEG2Simple : VAEntrypointIDCT
VAProfileMPEG2Main : VAEntrypointIDCT
VAProfileH264High : VAEntrypointVLD
VAProfileVC1Advanced : VAEntrypointVLD

in xbmc.log though I see this:

19:19:08 T:140342619797264 M:3126587392 DEBUG: CDVDFactoryCodec: compiled in hardware support: CrystalHD:no OpenMax:no VDPAU:no VAAPI:no
I submitted a bug report last night because it is no longer possible to enable vaapi in the GUI, even though the output at the end of "configure" indicates that it is being detected.

The ticket # is given below:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9406
Nice to hear that Intel are going to get vaapi going with IEGD 10.4... can't wait to have accelerated gfx on my O2 joggler.. it's turning out to be an excellent little touchscreen XBMC device!
elupus, are there any plans to enable vaapi by default in XBMC?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Add VAAPI (VA API) Video Acceleration API support?1