Tiny feature requests
i'm using xbmc now for over one year and each version gets better and better. there are only two little things i miss in xmbc, those are:

1 - autostart of media when starting up xbmc (like avalaunch does)
what i mean is that after starting up xmbc (in my situation xmbc starts after booting up the xbox) a pre-defined audiofile or playlist should run so there is no need for user intervention between turning on the xbox and listen to your favorite music!

2 - cross-fading of music (like winamp can)
what i mean here is the possibility of cross-fading music tracks (for about 5 seconds) the great benefit of this is that also 'broken' music files are not conspicuous because they cross-fade with the next song! nowadays i find that while hopping to the next song xbmc hangs for a second, within that second you can't do anything!

i hope the xbmc team will add those requests in feature xbmc versions!

with kind regards,

robert.
1. search for autoexec.py

2. xbmc uses mplayer as base. this is very difficult to accomplish, unfortunately - it will be done eventually though.

3. both these suggestions have been mentioned time and time again. please search the forums in future.

4. note that we are also currently in a feature freeze.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tiny feature requests0