[MAC] Apple Remote not binding properly in Camelot and some of the nightly-builds
Question 
Hello all,
I searched the first few pages of the forum but nothing relevant to this problem was found, so thought I should post something here. I am not sure whether this is bug, or some sort of design-issue.

I have been following XBMC for a longtime. Have been using the cutting-edge nightly-builds. Ever since one of the recent nightly-builds (sorry can't remember the build), the key-combinations of apple-remote has changed (actually only one change but big one).

Right now I am using Camelot and RemoteBuddy (both latest versions) on OSX 10.5.8.

When I click the middle play button on the Apple Remote, it used to bring up the media-control buttons (you know, play stop ff rwn etc) as well as the media info. Now it only brings up the media info. On top of all, click on the middle button will pause the media and it really is annoying. I use the Apple Remote as a mouse/keyboard/remote control. So removing RemoteBuddy is no option for me Sad

Can someone please point me to the right direction. Is this a bug, or is it something to do with me or remotebuddy?

Thank you all. XBMC is the greatest of all media players (and I have used A LOT).

Mo
no oneHuh
You hit play/pause and things pause? Strange Smile

Everything is keymappable. Check the keymaps folder in the system folder inside the XBMC.app package, and copy the apple remote file into Userdata/keymaps.

Then edit it to your liking.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hey Jonathan,

Thanks for the tip. Managed to fix it (not that it was a bug ever). Seems like one of you guys changed the key combinations.

Again, thanks. XBMC rules!
Mo
Indeed. I think MENU HOLD or something brings up the OSD now. It's to be consistent with other areas.

There's a couple of threads around regarding the default mapping for the apple remote - I'm sure folk would appreciate your input.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Apple Remote not binding properly in Camelot and some of the nightly-builds0