XBMC Media PC LiveCD or Windows? xbox remote dongle
Hey! I've got an old PC here, it's just a junker I've used on and off for two things, which is a dedicated OpenITG pc for use with a USB dance mat, and I've also been using it on and off as a Media PC for watching movies on my TV.
it's very old, but it's reliable. I've got a rather old video card in it, but it seems to handle things quite nicely.
anyway, on to my question.
I want to get it running faster. I -was- working on a tiny version of XP, using embedded xp files to make it boot faster, but I ran into a problem, went on vacation, and the thing hasn't been touched since, so I dont even remember what I was doing.
I want to know whether I'd be better off using a modified XP, windows 7(because so far, I'm impressed with it. it boots fast, even on older PC's, and if I turned off most of the services and removed many components, I think it might even run better than xp on this thing.)
or should I use an xbmc livecd and install to the hard disk?
which do you guys think would be faster?
and more importantly, I have an xbox dvd remote dongle modified to connect via USB. so whatever option I go with, I need support for that, because I don't have the money to go out and buy a proper media pc remote.
I think it's a PIII but I'm not positive. I haven't booted it in ages.
The xbox remote works nice in linux, takes a little work getting it configured properly. I don't know about windows Oo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Media PC LiveCD or Windows? xbox remote dongle0