Stacking changes in recent SVN
althekiller Wrote:These all stack with the defaults.

How about instead of jerking us around you wipe your as.xml and then give us the names of the few that don't stack anymore?

EDIT: Read http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...tacking.3E first, especially the append example.

I have tried XBMC without the Advancedsettings.xml and with a version that has my attempt to create staking for my scenario without any success. It doesn’t help that I don’t really know what is being referred to by (title) or (Volume) etc. My scenario seems to be different to everybody else in that my movies are stored as vob files therefore the file name is always the same and only the directory is different for each disc.

eg.
\\Server\Video\Bastard Boys [Disc 1]\VIDEO_TS
\\Server\Video\Bastard Boys [Disc 2]\VIDEO_TS
\\Server\Video\Breakfast at Tiffany's\VIDEO_TS
\\Server\Video\Breaking Bad- Season 1 [Disc 1] \VIDEO_TS
\\Server\Video\Breaking Bad- Season 1 [Disc 2] \VIDEO_TS
\\Server\Video\Breaking Bad- Season 1 [Disc 3] \VIDEO_TS

This is expreshon that worked for me prior to the 4 expression version was:
<regexp>[ []+disc[ ]*([0-9]+)</regexp>

I have tried many different ways to implement the above without any susses. Some examples below:
<regexp>(.*?)(disc [0-9])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
<regexp>(.*?)([ []+disc[ ]*([0-9]+)])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
AFAIK stacking was never applied to directories. On the off chance we did special-case dvd dirs, those won't be stacking due to a lack of extension. Empty the last capture.
althekiller Wrote:These all stack with the defaults.

How about instead of jerking us around you wipe your as.xml and then give us the names of the few that don't stack anymore?

OK:

orc-wrestler1.avi
orc-wrestler2.avi
The.Libertine.DVDrip.xvid-done.1.avi
The.Libertine.DVDrip.xvid-done.2.avi
Incredible.Hulk.DVDrip.xvid-done.1.avi
Incredible.Hulk.DVDrip.xvid-done.2.avi

Wiping my advancedsettings xml helped, now there's just a couple dozen like that, instead of the hundreds with...

One more annoying thing - after I removed all the doubled movies from the library, when I go to the stack for that movie, the fanart/thumb are missing!

So when I delete

orc-wrestler1.avi
orc-wrestler2.avi

If I go to the stacked entry stack://orc-wrester1.avi, orc-wrestler2.avi

It plays fine, but I have to refresh it for the fanart/thumb to come through... big pain on hundreds of movies! Sad

Also, I have a 5 CD movie (it's actually a miniseries, but I wanted in movies instead):

theprisoner.cd1.avi-theprisoner.cd4.avi stack okay, but
theprisoner.cd5.avi won't...
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
The first set of examples can't be stacked by default due to the aforementioned sequels in a flat dir structure problem. Feel free to actually read the wiki this time, try out the append example and see if it works for you. As for the five cd example, this should already be resolved in svn and available in the next beta.
The frustrating part is that almost all of the movies that don't stack but should are easy to catch with generic REGEX.... the frustrating part is that everyone loses this functionality so we can cater for user that need serials support in a "one file pile" filing system.

Is there some way we could consider allowing these regex if certain criteria are met. For instance if a movie.nfo is detected then activate the extra stacking regex.?
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
Not before release.

We don't have any nfo BS available in the file list to test on and it's not a reliable metric anyway. The one thing to try will be to see if "use folder names for lookup" is selected for the path source and assume dir-per-file if so. I haven't investigated the implications of this at all, so no guarantees.
No Stack: Does not work
SHINDLERS LIST - 1.AVI
SHINDLERS LIST - 2.AVI
SHINDLERS LIST - 3.AVI

Stacked: This worked for me
SHINDLERS LIST - cd 1.AVI
SHINDLERS LIST - cd 2.AVI
SHINDLERS LIST - cd 3.AVI
This is expected as per the documentation. More specifically, http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=File_Stacking#Deficiencies .
althekiller Wrote:This is expected as per the documentation. More specifically, http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=File_Stacking#Deficiencies .

Yes I know.. I haven't really revisited the basics/fundamentals of xbmc since like years ago when it was first developed for the xbox...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stacking changes in recent SVN0