Stacking changes in recent SVN
See
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Videos#Stacking_in_XBMC

and

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Advanced...tacking.3E
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
After migrating to Alpha 1 (haven't installed 2 yet) and updating my library, all of my multipart movies that were listed once became listed three times. One for the grouped files, and one for each individual file. Anyone know what could cause this?
Must be somthing they changed recently. This happened to me, and I removed the cource so it cleared my movie lib, then re-added and ended up with 2 part movies showing twice.
sho Wrote:See
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Videos#Stacking_in_XBMC

and

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Advanced...tacking.3E

It's alright giving me those links mate, but I had no probs with the movie lib before updating.
If you had read them you would have seen things have changed.

On top of this some default stacking has been removed for new feature compatibility reasons.

In essence you probably need to sculpt some new stackingr egex for your collection
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
So is there a record of what the regex used to be so we can just use that and not have to go through the arduous process of figuring out what expressions we should be using for our files?

Can I just copy/paste the stuff from your link into the file and be back to where I was before?
Yes but the old regex is in the old format so will need some tweaking
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
You shouldn't have to do anything, as everything (sanely named at least) should stack by default now. That's the whole point on improving things, after all.

If you have files that no longer stack, then you need to provide an example filesystem (using zerobyte files in place of real video files) so that we can use it to improve the defaults.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:You shouldn't have to do anything, as everything (sanely named at least) should stack by default now. That's the whole point on improving things, after all.

If you have files that no longer stack, then you need to provide an example filesystem (using zerobyte files in place of real video files) so that we can use it to improve the defaults.

Cheers,
Jonathan

When I get back to the house I'll provide several examples of files that were stacking previously, but are not stacking now. Note that I went through this when I initially migrated to XBMC, and went through the effort of trying to sanitize the names on multipart files to begin with. So they should be relatively sane.
Ok, examples of movies showing up as two entries in the library:

\Movies\Batman Begins\Batman Begins - 1.avi
\Movies\Batman Begins\Batman Begins - 2.avi
\Movies\The Bourne Ultimatum\mdp-tbu-a.avi
\Movies\The Bourne Ultimatum\mdp-tbu-b.avi
\Movies\Die Hard\kms-dh.a.xvid.avi
\Movies\Die Hard\kms-dh.b.xvid.avi
\Movies\Freddy vs Jason\Freddy vs. Jason (CD1).avi
\Movies\Freddy vs Jason\Freddy vs. Jason (CD2).avi
\Movies\The French Connection\axial-tfc.a.avi
\Movies\The French Connection\axial-tfc.b.avi
\Movies\The Godfather 2\The Godfather Part 2 CD1.avi
\Movies\The Godfather 2\The Godfather Part 2 CD2.avi
\Movies\The Good Shepherd\osidvd-tgsdvdscra.avi
\Movies\The Good Shepherd\osidvd-tgsdvdscrb.avi

That should be enough, right? I can go through and list the whole bunch if I need to. On all of these except Batman Begins I actually have three entries: one for the correctly stacked item (that was there before I migrated to the Alpha 1), and two entries for each of the individual files.
I set all of mine to movie p1.ave movie p2.avi etc. Quite a logical format, yes?
The automatic stacking function in library is not working for me...

I have not used xbmc for a few months since my installation got "crazy" Oo

Reinstalled everything yesterday to a XBMCbuntu installation. Working great!

But the library will not stack my movies as it used to. I have previously edited the name of all movies that have multiple parts adding CD01, CD02 etc at the end of the filenames, and it worked fine then. But when I did the library scan yesterday the stacking didn't work as it used to.

Has something changed in the latest versions of xbmc or am I missing something?

Help greatly appreciated! Big Grin
@jmarshall: any input on why those filenames were working before but now aren't? I know I can add the regex manually, but I wanted to hold off in case y'all will be building it in.

Also, does anyone have any trouble importing the movie "9"? It doesn't show up in the library, even if I go to the folder and "scan for new content".
So, is there any way I can disable stacking in library mode? Every movie I have is a single file..
Thanks.
regi24 Wrote:So, is there any way I can disable stacking in library mode? Every movie I have is a single file..
Thanks.
No, but why, is it stacking something it should not?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stacking changes in recent SVN0