Stacking changes in recent SVN
sho Wrote:No, but why, is it stacking something it should not?

I've been experiencing some issues with movies being duplicated and stacked with another ones.
I've just cleaned the db and it seems to be fine for now..Rofl
I'm getting the same issuse with multi cd films.
What I found is that if the films that have multi cd are unRARed then the movie is stacked correctly and shows up in the library as a complete movie. If the multi cds are RARed then the scan only finds cd1 for whatever reason and thus the film is not stacked and not complete in the library.

My file structure...

Folder - A Perfect Getaway
| |
| Folder - CD1 which contains RARs
|
Folder - CD2 which Contains RARs

Hope this makes sense and somebody can recommend a fix.
It makes no sense without the exact filenames involved.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Since alpha 1, my movie stacking has not been working. I see that the stacking regular expression has changed for the advancedsettings.xml file. I have tried to setup a new expression to work for my situation but I can’t seem to make it work. I would appreciate it if someone could write the expression to stack all titles with [Disc nn] in them.

This is an example of my directory structure for a stacked movie:

\\Server\Video\Bastard Boys [Disc 1]
folder.jpg
mymovies.xml
mymovies-back.jpg
mymovies-front.jpg
\\Server\Video\Bastard Boys [Disc 1]\VIDEO_TS
folder.jpg
move.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
mymovies.xml
mymovies-back.jpg
mymovies-front.jpg
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.ISO
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.ISO
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
etc

\\Server\Video\Bastard Boys [Disc 2]
folder.jpg
mymovies.xml
mymovies-back.jpg
mymovies-front.jpg
\\Server\Video\Bastard Boys [Disc 2]\VIDEO_TS
folder.jpg
move.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
mymovies.xml
mymovies-back.jpg
mymovies-front.jpg
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.ISO
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.ISO
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
etc
XBMC keeps stacking lots of my movies. They're all single file and with different file names and still it puts them all together

For example it's stacking the following files into "D"

Daredevil.avi
DARYL.avi
David_Gilmour_Live.avi

Same thing is happening with lots of other files and it's driving me crazy. I deactivated Stacking on file mode, but it's still doing it. is there any other way to completely deactivate stacking? Thanks in advance!
cerbera Wrote:I'm getting the same issuse with multi cd films.
What I found is that if the films that have multi cd are unRARed then the movie is stacked correctly and shows up in the library as a complete movie. If the multi cds are RARed then the scan only finds cd1 for whatever reason and thus the film is not stacked and not complete in the library.

My file structure...

Folder - A Perfect Getaway
| |
| Folder - CD1 which contains RARs
|
Folder - CD2 which Contains RARs

Hope this makes sense and somebody can recommend a fix.

Sorted my problem. For some reason Make archives with one file transparent within Appearance Settings was unchecked, rechecking and then rescanning sorted it for me Big Grin
Shrek.2001.HDTV.001.mkv
Shrek.2001.HDTV.002.mkv

They used to stack (SVN21930), they don't anymore (SVN25270). I don't have anything in my advancedsettings file related to stacking.
Oh man... Everything was stacking fine with the last SVN before the Camelot Alpha/Betas... but I finally took the plunge and upgraded to Camelot Beta1...

Added a few movies, and scanned the library when I left for work... came home, and now I have hundreds of extra movies due to faulty stacking! Sad

Now I have for example

Pulp Fiction - based off of the old stack, plays ok
Pulp Fiction - based off of pulpfiction.cd1.avi
Pulp Fiction - based off of pulpfiction.cd2.avi

I've been deleting false entries from the library for hours now; is there a faster way?

How do I fix stacking so that it goes back to how it used to? I had an advancedsettings.xml in place, I thought xbmc wouldn't touch that file when installing updates because it's a non-created file by default?

Also, I can't find where the stacking option is hidden in the options now...
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
ashlar Wrote:Shrek.2001.HDTV.001.mkv
Shrek.2001.HDTV.002.mkv

They used to stack (SVN21930), they don't anymore (SVN25270). I don't have anything in my advancedsettings file related to stacking.
What I don't understand, even after reading the wiki, is why on Earth something that worked has been changed.

What's easier than 001, 002, etc.? Is it the year that throws it off-hook?

Edit: tried Shrek.HDTV.001.mkv and Shrek.HDTV.002.mkv. It doesn't work.

Usually I am very supportive of the team. But seeing this, I really can't figure out how the default regexp has been conceived. On what sort of files structure has it been tested?

Edit 2:

The complete file structure is:

E:\Videos\HD Cartoon\Shrek.HDTV.001.mkv
E:\Videos\HD Cartoon\Shrek.HDTV.002.mkv
@ashlar

A general expression to match your case will also risk stacking sequels in a flat dir structure and will never be committed as default. There's an example expression in the "append" example of the moviestacking article on the wiki that, when appended in AS.xml, will stack a dir-per-movie structure more or less flawlessly. Flat dir structures with sequels are the problem here, and there's no real way around it other than special casing.

The new expression format is rather clearly documented on the wiki, and has been since before the changes were committed. It should consist of exactly four capture expressions which cover the entire filename (Title_exp)(StackToken_exp)(Ignore_exp)(Extension_ext). Files ares stacked if and only if, ALL tokens match EXCEPT StackToken (ie (Title1==Title2)&&(StackToken1!=StackToken2)&&(Ignore1==Ignore2)&&(Extension1==Extension2)). A strictly numeric stacktoken placed just before the extension leaves the ignore token empty giving way to the potential sequel matches in a flat dir structure. The lack of comparing the ENTIRE filename is what made the old stack method so error prone and difficult to write safe expressions for.
@ashlar

A general expression to match your case will also risk stacking sequels in a flat dir structure and will never be committed as default. There's an example expression in the "append" example of the moviestacking article on the wiki that, when appended in AS.xml, will stack a dir-per-movie structure more or less flawlessly. Flat dir structures with sequels are the problem here, and there's no real way around it other than special casing.

The new expression format is rather clearly documented on the wiki, and has been since before the changes were committed. It should consist of exactly four capture expressions which cover the entire filename (Title_exp)(StackToken_exp)(Ignore_exp)(Extension_ext). Files ares stacked if and only if, ALL tokens match EXCEPT StackToken (ie (Title1==Title2)&&(StackToken1!=StackToken2)&&(Ignore1==Ignore2)&&(Extension1==Extension2)). A strictly numeric stacktoken placed just before the extension leaves the ignore token empty giving way to the potential sequel matches in a flat dir structure. The lack of comparing the ENTIRE filename is what made the old stack method so error prone and difficult to write safe expressions for.
migrator Wrote:XBMC keeps stacking lots of my movies. They're all single file and with different file names and still it puts them all together

For example it's stacking the following files into "D"

Daredevil.avi
DARYL.avi
David_Gilmour_Live.avi

Same thing is happening with lots of other files and it's driving me crazy. I deactivated Stacking on file mode, but it's still doing it. is there any other way to completely deactivate stacking? Thanks in advance!

The don't stack here, more details and debug log.
@althekiller

The problem is that regexp honestly flies over my head. And on the wiki there are no examples of functioning stacking names structures. How should I name my two parts Shrek?

Somebody in the know would probably do a lot of good by adding examples to the wiki, because it's kind of baffling once one upgrades. Sad
ECEC Wrote:Ok, examples of movies showing up as two entries in the library:

\Movies\Batman Begins\Batman Begins - 1.avi
\Movies\Batman Begins\Batman Begins - 2.avi
\Movies\The Bourne Ultimatum\mdp-tbu-a.avi
\Movies\The Bourne Ultimatum\mdp-tbu-b.avi
\Movies\Die Hard\kms-dh.a.xvid.avi
\Movies\Die Hard\kms-dh.b.xvid.avi
\Movies\Freddy vs Jason\Freddy vs. Jason (CD1).avi
\Movies\Freddy vs Jason\Freddy vs. Jason (CD2).avi
\Movies\The French Connection\axial-tfc.a.avi
\Movies\The French Connection\axial-tfc.b.avi
\Movies\The Godfather 2\The Godfather Part 2 CD1.avi
\Movies\The Godfather 2\The Godfather Part 2 CD2.avi
\Movies\The Good Shepherd\osidvd-tgsdvdscra.avi
\Movies\The Good Shepherd\osidvd-tgsdvdscrb.avi

That should be enough, right? I can go through and list the whole bunch if I need to. On all of these except Batman Begins I actually have three entries: one for the correctly stacked item (that was there before I migrated to the Alpha 1), and two entries for each of the individual files.

All of these EXCEPT batman begins stack fine here. This is expected with the default expressions, see my response to ashlar a few posts up.
@ashlar, replace the 00 with CD or part or any of the tokens separated by "|" in the second pair of () of the first default expression (comment above it may be easier to read).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stacking changes in recent SVN0