• 2(current)
[MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod
joebrady Wrote:Is that not what this screen is?

He was asking about the music information screen...

Is that the display that appears on top of the visualization when you press the start button in the xbox controler or the white one?
Feanor Wrote:He was asking about the music information screen...

Is that the display that appears on top of the visualization when you press the start button in the xbox controler or the white one?

I am afraid someone else will have to jump in and help. I don't know what the question is.
Feanor Wrote:He was asking about the music information screen...

Yes

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Visualizations
qualar Wrote:Azido thanks for your input

I did not actually add that part of the code. The only part of that info box that I modded was the rotating CD part. However, I am thinking of replacing this with a less obtrusive display. Maybe just the Rotating CD art in the bottom top left of screen with a few key bits of info. Could anybody supply comments on what they would prefer?

For now I have upload version 2.1.1 that changes Mhz to Khz and hides previous/next track entry if it is empty.

you're welcome. actually i never tried the rapier skin, so that was my first impression of the music info.

i wouldn't remove too much there.. i mean, music library lacks enough information naturally, so why don't use the available ones to the max? it's just some cosmetics plus the verification what kind of info is useful in the different sections/screens.

or, of course, use a minimalistic one to gain more presence of the visualisation, and add a seperate info window to the lib view that shows more info on the current playing track. we did that on showmix, and i really like to see as much info as there can be.
cheers,azido :;):
My thinking is that all the information about the music is available in the list view. If you have enabled the visualiser it makes sense that you would want to see the visualiser.

I have been working on a replacement with this in mind that keeps thing looking nice with the most useful info but does not take the whole screen.
qualar Wrote:My thinking is that all the information about the music is available in the list view. If you have enabled the visualiser it makes sense that you would want to see the visualiser.

I have been working on a replacement with this in mind that keeps thing looking nice with the most useful info but does not take the whole screen.

yeah, do as you please..
This is what I have so far for the visualizer screen, based on the Aeon skin cdArt MOD but with option to turn the cdArt on/off. Is there anything that anyone would like changed/added? Poor quality Youtube video here. I have a bit of testing to do before I upload the MOD.

qualar Wrote:This is what I have so far for the visualizer screen, based on the Aeon skin cdArt MOD but with option to turn the cdArt on/off. Is there anything that anyone would like changed/added? Poor quality Youtube video here

i think that one is pretty cool and has enough info for that view.
qualar Wrote:Sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean by activate music info fullscreen.

Yes, I was talking about this screen:
qualar Wrote:Image

And my question is if there is a way to switch to this screen automatically after some time when playing music and no key is pressed (instead of the screensaver).
Panduran Wrote:Yes, I was talking about this screen:

And my question is if there is a way to switch to this screen automatically after some time when playing music and no key is pressed (instead of the screensaver).

this screen is the music visualisation screen. it's the one you usualy get when you play music and do nothing for a given time. if you want to pop-up this info, hit "i" while it's running. some skins might add the possibility to have that info available all the time, dunno if rapier supports it.

if you don't like the visualisations, don't use them (although i dunno if that info window still comes up if there is no visualisation running - go test that).
having a small issue with this mod that i hope someone can help me with..

Seems the bottom panel/border/what to call it is sort of dimmed. Anyone know whats causing it and how to make it look like it should?

Screenshot link (1080p)
mistenkt Wrote:having a small issue with this mod that i hope someone can help me with..

Seems the bottom panel/border/what to call it is sort of dimmed. Anyone know whats causing it and how to make it look like it should?

Screenshot link (1080p)

I can see no reason why this would happen. Does it happen in the original Rapier also?
qualar Wrote:I can see no reason why this would happen. Does it happen in the original Rapier also?

I had this issue, removing the wall view include in myvideonav.xml seems to solve it Huh
Actually, I just checked mine again and it is indeed dim. I will check out the code and find out why.
mistenkt Wrote:having a small issue with this mod that i hope someone can help me with..

Screenshot link (1080p)

OK I have fixed it now. I will upload later but for those wanting a fix now just do the following.

Open up the file ViewsVideo.xml and the last 5 lines read as follows:

</control>
<include>ViewsScreenFullFadeAnim</include>
<include>ViewsDialogPopUpScreenDim</include>
</control>
</include>
</includes>

alter this part so it reads:

</control>
<include>ViewsScreenFullFadeAnim</include>
<include>ViewsDialogPopUpScreenDim</include>
<control type="group">