Any way to start in video library view?
I searched and couldn't find an answer, so any pointers would be appreciated: Is there a way to have XBMC start up and automatically display the library view of videos in the default video folder?

I have a default folder set; so when I click Videos it pulls up the cool view of all the movies.

What I want is not to have to click on Videos.

(This is for a dedicated media PC. I have it set so the PC boots and starts xbmc; I just want it to automatically show me the list of movies. I don't use XBMC for anything but videos so I'd rather skip the step and get right to the business of flipping through covers.)

If this isn't an existing feature, could it be considered for the future?

Thanks for any tips (or future feature additions).
I'm looking for a similar thing too.

I use MC7 for all other things except movies, I have a custom slide and entry point for XBMC which works great except for the fact that it starts at the base of the video menu (Where you choose 'Source -> sort etc).

No one else that uses it will need to leave the showcase mode in the video library, is this possible?
Settings/Appearance/Home window Change it to videos and when you restart it will go straight into videosCool
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Settings/Appearance/Home window Change it to videos and when you restart it will go straight into videosCool

Got that far, but it only goes to the parent video folder.

At the moment process is:

Open XBMC -> Starts is Video parent directoy -> Select source ("Movies" for me) -> Select sort type (Title, Genre, Actor etc) -> Into Library

Where what i'm after is simply:

Open XBMC -> Into Library (Sorted by title).

I dont know if its even possible, seen it asked a few times but no real response.
I used Alaska for this example but I assume you could just copy(backup the original) for any skin.

Delete everything in Startup.xml and replace with this code....

Quote:<window>
<defaultcontrol always="true">10</defaultcontrol>
<allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
<controls>
<control type="button" id="10">
<description>Trigger</description>
<onfocus>ReplaceWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles)</onfocus>
<texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
<texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
</control>
</controls>
</window>

**Tried in PM3 worked there too***
Use the context menu and chose" Make Default" for titles. That should take you directly to the video library (it's the way I have mine setup).
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Just tried that, same result... ended up back at the 'Choose source' parent of Vidoes menu.

Just tried in PM3.HD as well, seems to go to the same screen, at the parent vidoes menu.

Ive just been looking through the horizonz menu system (and this may not be the best place to ask) but could it possibly have something to do with the :

Settings -> Horizonz -> Home Shortcuts -> Movies target

option? It just brings up a text box so im not sure what it refers to... might ask in the Horizons forum
I think you have to make at least two "Make Default" selections for it to work. Works for me Laugh
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:I think you have to make at least two "Make Default" selections for it to work. Works for me Laugh

Hmm can you explain please I didnt get it.

And just to confirm, yours starts straight into the library view , for instance straight into showxase, organised by title?
1. Make sure the startup window in settings is set to "Videos".
2. Go to the root node of the Video library, bring up the context menu on the library node you want to start up and select "make default"
3. restart XBMC

I always have "flatten" turned on, you could try with and without it.
Get it working on PM3.HD before even bothering with other skins (if you get it working there, it will work in any skin after that)

I have done this multiple times, unless something broke very recently it should work.
What version are you using btw?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I believe its the flatten option that you want to enable. That will eliminate the Select sort type (Title, Genre, Actor etc) step. I know at least on my setup I have the main screen with Movies, TV Shows, Scripts, Programs, ect. Then when I select Movies it goes directly to my Movie Library. Its the same with TV Shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to start in video library view?0