XBMC/ReadyNas Duo - Video stops playing after 5 minutes
Hi everyone,

I recently set up a XBMC box which is connected to a ReadyNas Duo on a gigabit network. If I access the ReadyNas through a samba connection on XBMC, the video stops playing after about 5 minutes. If I access the ReadyNas through UPNP, it works fine. Does anyone have any ideas on why XBMC appears to be losing the connection or timing out? I would rather use a samba connection because I can not get XBMC to create a library over UPNP.

Also, the ReadyNas streams fine over Samba when connected to another computer or Popcorn media player.

XBMC streams fine from a Samba connection on another PC and via a USB hardrive connected to an airport extreme.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Equipment:
XBMC box - Acer Revo 1600
Router - Apple Airport Extreme
Switch - Netgear gigbit
Nas - ReadyNas Duo
Debug log needed.

For whats its worth I have a few readynas's that I use samba with without any problems.

Also, you can not use upnp with the library mode as it is not supported.
You are most likely running ubuntu karmic. It has a broken libsmbclient. A workaround has been added to svn.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try later tonight and post a debug log.

I am running the latest XBMClive version, XBMC 9.11: Alpha1.

--Update--

Elupus, can you tell me where I can find the workaround? I have looked in the SVN and have been unable to locate it. Thanks for the help.

--Problem solved. It was the version of XBMC, latest alpha 2 release fixes the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC/ReadyNas Duo - Video stops playing after 5 minutes0