short question regarding version to translate
if i would like to refresh the german string definitions, should i go for the one used in camelot alpha 1 or the most recent build i can do?

edit: ok, i should have been reading the stickies.. the one i can grab from the source is the right one (at least that made me change the path in the corresponding wiki entry that still pointed to the old linuxport path Laugh)

still valid:

furthermore, am i right that - using the translator tool - where there is no english string defintion for a string id that still has one in german, the german one can be removed, too?
cheers,azido :;):
Correct. If the english string isn't there, the german one can be removed.

As soon as the strings are finalized for release, we will do an announcement to this effect.

There may well be a bunch of extras going in for various reasons.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Correct. If the english string isn't there, the german one can be removed.

As soon as the strings are finalized for release, we will do an announcement to this effect.

There may well be a bunch of extras going in for various reasons.

Cheers,
Jonathan

as always: thanks for your fast response.

as there are already new, still untranslated strings in it, plus i found some errors in it, i'm going to supply an updated version today.
Sure - as you have time, feel free to update and post on trac. You can always update it again if we don't get it in before you've done another update Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Sure - as you have time, feel free to update and post on trac. You can always update it again if we don't get it in before you've done another update Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan

btw: how comes there are string id's inside the standard xbmc language files that are from mediastream (redux?)

looks like a plan to add it to the default skins Wink

edit: patch submitted, see #7652
There are no strings in the standard strings.xml from any skin (other than perhaps PM3 and PM3.HD)

Nor will there be, as each skin has it's own strings.xml.

jmarshall Wrote:There are no strings in the standard strings.xml from any skin (other than perhaps PM3 and PM3.HD)

Nor will there be, as each skin has it's own strings.xml.

yeah, that's what i thought before and got used to. what you don't see when you use the team xbmc translator tool are the comments, so i checked current english strings.xml and found that one

<!-- strings 33000 thru 33999 reserved for common strings used in addons -->

which explains; just still wonder why there are definitions that are typical for mediastream/mediastream redux like "choose your/watch your/configure the" Rolleyes

anyway, i just translated everything that was visible in the tool.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
short question regarding version to translate0