Video Tearing under Snow Leopard
I just upgraded my MacMini from leopard to Snow Leopard. XBMC Latest build was working fine in Leopard but under Snow Leopard I am noticing a slight tearing during video playback.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Do you have vsync enabled?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have Sync Playback to display enabled. AV Sync method -Audio Clock. I cannot see the V Sync option.
qualar Wrote:I have Sync Playback to display enabled. AV Sync method -Audio Clock. I cannot see the V Sync option.

try looking in settings -> appearance ->screen
Just checked it was already enabled. This problem only showed up since I upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard last night.
qualar Wrote:Just checked it was already enabled. This problem only showed up since I upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard last night.

Which MacMini, intel or nvidia chipset. Also 10.6/10.6.1/10.6.2 ?

Pastebin a fresh xbmc.log while playing a video that shows this behavior.
Mac Mini Intel Core 2 Duo with nVidea 9400M.

LOG File attached for 2 video files (My name is Earl - XVID SD FILE and Bolt MKV HD FILE)

Log
You could try setting the fakefullscreen function to false in advancedsettings.xml. Depending on how new your build is it might be called <osx_gl_fullscreen>true</osx_gl_fullscreen>. This applies to Camelot Alpha 1.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:You could try setting the fakefullscreen function to false in advancedsettings.xml. Depending on how new your build is it might be called <osx_gl_fullscreen>true</osx_gl_fullscreen>. This applies to Camelot Alpha 1.

You Sir, are a genius. So what exactly was causing the problem?
running 23468 SVN on an MPB 17" late 2009 10.6.2

I ran transformers II at 16M/sec 1080p and have no problem with tearing or dropped frames.

the mkv plays fine even running it from my TC
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
idioteque Wrote:running 23468 SVN on an MPB 17" late 2009 10.6.2

I ran transformers II at 16M/sec 1080p and have no problem with tearing or dropped frames.

the mkv plays fine even running it from my TC

I am using the Camelot Alpha 1 through a 50" 1080P Plasma. Had tearing but fixed by the above setting in advancedsettings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Tearing under Snow Leopard0