• 10(current)
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC
Alpinestar777 Wrote:Would really like a usb live disc to test, great work by the way !

why not create an USB installer stick and install OpenELEC.tv to another stick? if you have an Linux system you can also create an USB stick to start OpenELEC.tv directly (a bit more work)

see:
http://openelec.tv/index.php?option=com_...Itemid=305

if you have problems, let me know this.
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:can you login via ssh (user=root/password=openelec) and try:
Code:
mount
to see if the share is mounted, if not try to mount manually with:
Code:
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.xxx/software/games/roms/mame /storage/emulators/mame/roms/ -o username=xbmc,password=xxxxxx

to see if there is an error

Whenever I try to mount "mount -t cifs //192.168.1.xxx/software/games/roms/mame /storage/emulators/mame/roms/ -o username=xbmc,password=[password]" I get the error "[address] is not a valid block device"

But when I try to mount "mount -t cifs //192.168.1.xxx/software /storage/emulators/mame/roms/ -o username=xbmc,password=[password]" it works just fine and mounts
ryan711 Wrote:Whenever I try to mount "mount -t cifs //192.168.1.xxx/software/games/roms/mame /storage/emulators/mame/roms/ -o username=xbmc,password=[password]" I get the error "[address] is not a valid block device"

But when I try to mount "mount -t cifs //192.168.1.xxx/software /storage/emulators/mame/roms/ -o username=xbmc,password=[password]" it works just fine and mounts

ok...
then try to use the second option and use another dir for the mountpoint (example /storage/mount), if you have ssh access start mame, login via ssh, and copy /storage/.xbmc/addons/addon.emulators.mame/image/mame.ini to /storage/.config

Code:
cp /storage/.xbmc/addons/addon.emulators.mame/image/mame.ini /storage/.config

then edit mame.ini and setup the rompath (/storage/mount/games/roms/mame)

let me know if this works

thanks
greetings, Stephan

That did the trick
ryan711 Wrote:That did the trick

ok, also an mame.ini in /storage/.config works (will be read from mame?) good to know :-)
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:ok, also an mame.ini in /storage/.config works (will be read from mame?) good to know :-)

No, I copied it back. I'm not sure if it works in /storage/.config
ryan711 Wrote:No, I copied it back. I'm not sure if it works in /storage/.config

and this works also after an reboot?
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:and this works also after an reboot?

After I copied it back into the mame folder I did not need to reboot. It worked fine without having to.
ryan711 Wrote:After I copied it back into the mame folder I did not need to reboot. It worked fine without having to.

ok, so i hope if you do an reboot it still works :-)
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:ok, so i hope if you do an reboot it still works :-)

Yea, just tried it and it still works after reboot
ryan711 Wrote:Yea, just tried it and it still works after reboot

thank you :-)
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:why not create an USB installer stick and install OpenELEC.tv to another stick? if you have an Linux system you can also create an USB stick to start OpenELEC.tv directly (a bit more work)

see:

if you have problems, let me know this.

Thanks will give it a go
Good to see a small Linux distro to boot only XBMC Smile

However, you need some help on your site? Have some above average experience with Joomla! which I could share.
MindTooth Wrote:Good to see a small Linux distro to boot only XBMC Smile

However, you need some help on your site? Have some above average experience with Joomla! which I could share.

Hi :-)

yes, some help with my site are very welcome :-) i will send you an PM.
greetings, Stephan

Hi Stephan and thanks for doing this distro, its well appreciated. Haven't installed yet but have you compiled XBMC Dharma with libRTMP support ? Would love to try this is thats the case as really want BBC Iplayer to work. And can this be installed from usb to harddrive ?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC8