• 45(current)
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC
Is anyone using a Harmony remote with a ZBOX and Openelec?

I used a MCE receiver but cant get a thing out of it... I tried just plugging it in to start with... nothing... re-booted... nothing... I thought maybe I should re-install it with the MCE receiver connected.. still nothing. The receiver works fine in my Win 7 ultimate machine.

A guide would be great if anyone has one....
Hi,

Geeba Wrote:Is anyone using a Harmony remote with a ZBOX and Openelec?

I used a MCE receiver but cant get a thing out of it... I tried just plugging it in to start with... nothing... re-booted... nothing... I thought maybe I should re-install it with the MCE receiver connected.. still nothing. The receiver works fine in my Win 7 ultimate machine.

A guide would be great if anyone has one....

There are some users with harmony remotes, you should setup the remote to send MCE Remote compatible codes.
greetings, Stephan

EarnheadJ Wrote:Edit: I figured out what I was doing wrong. When I renamed the 2 files I left the extensions SYSTEM.system, KERNEL.kernel. Stupid me. Anyways corrected that and she updated on reboot. I am a happy man now. Been working on this for a couple days. Thanks for your instructions and your build.

Easy mistake Smile

Quote:Was just wondering on each reboot the first thing that pops up is "could not open framebuffer no such file or directory". Just wondering if you see this too? It still seems to work fine though. Jim

you need to do the following to fix that:

1.) as root, type "mount -o remount,rw /flash"
2.) edit /flash/extlinux.conf and add the following to the end of your KERNEL line: "vga=792" without quotes

save the file, reboot machine, you should now see the openelec splashscreen.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
sraue Wrote:Hi,

There are some users with harmony remotes, you should setup the remote to send MCE Remote compatible codes.

Got it working but its completely unusable.. the lag is horrendous... and for one movement you have to press the button twice... Sad
Evanrich Wrote:Easy mistake Smile

2.) edit /flash/extlinux.conf and add the following to the end of your KERNEL line: "vga=792" without quotes

Thanks that fixed it, now I see the splash screen. While we are on a roll, something else that pops up on boot is 3 lines that say something like (numbers and then sdb assuming drive cache: write through). The numbers on each line are different. Any help with this? Thanks again, Jim
Evanrich Wrote:Easy mistake Smile

Hi Evanrich,

I tried that solution, but I think I'm doing something wrong because I still get the "could not open framebuffer no such file or directory"

I've edited the file like you said like:
KERNEL /KERNEL vga=792

I'm currently working with a Shuttle XS35GT with the latest ION build of OpenELEC. Can you please help me out?
therionate Wrote:Hi Evanrich,

I tried that solution, but I think I'm doing something wrong because I still get the "could not open framebuffer no such file or directory"

I've edited the file like you said like:
KERNEL /KERNEL vga=792

I'm currently working with a Shuttle XS35GT with the latest ION build of OpenELEC. Can you please help me out?

I made that mistake too. It goes at the end of the next line.
(APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage quiet vga=792). Hope that works for you. Jim
Anyone else get " Error - cannot load framebuffer" or similar on boot up?
Me I have both the "could not open framebuffer no such file or directory" error and the 3 "sdb assuming drive cache: write through" errors.
EarnheadJ Wrote:I made that mistake too. It goes at the end of the next line.
(APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage quiet vga=792). Hope that works for you. Jim

Thanks Jim, this did work!! Big Grin
anarkia Wrote:Me I have both the "could not open framebuffer no such file or directory" error and the 3 "sdb assuming drive cache: write through" errors.

Geeba Wrote:Anyone else get " Error - cannot load framebuffer" or similar on boot up?

A couple posts up #663 Evanrich helped me with this same problem. I had to make sure I added it at the end of the line underneath KERNEL /KERNEL
"APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage quiet vga=792"

I still have the problem with the other error though with the 3 lines "sdb assuming drive cache".
Hi,

EarnheadJ Wrote:I still have the problem with the other error though with the 3 lines "sdb assuming drive cache".

this is an know issue we have actually if there is an usb drive connected... i must find an way to hide this - its only a message. until its fixed we must live with this :-)
greetings, Stephan

therionate Wrote:Thanks Jim, this did work!! Big Grin

No problem, glad it worked for you. Evanrich deserves the credit for this though because I really have no idea what I am doing with any type of Linux. I use a combination of Putty and the file manager in xbmc to edit things. Trial and error mostly. Jim
sraue Wrote:this is an know issue we have actually if there is an usb drive connected... i must find an way to hide this - its only a message. until its fixed we must live with this :-)

should be fixed now in the latest sources (and the next release)
greetings, Stephan

Geeba Wrote:Anyone else get " Error - cannot load framebuffer" or similar on boot up?

Did you even BOTHER to read the posts above yours?
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC8