• 5(current)
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC
harryzimm Wrote:Hi,

what is the ssh username and password?

cheers

Edit: sorry i didn't read the documentation... User=root Pass=openelec

no problem, i will update the docu on http://www.openelec.tv with this information.
If you see that some other informations is missing let me know this.

thanks
greetings, Stephan

Thanks,

Any chance of including the asound.conf and HDA-intel.conf from this guide to the ion specific build? It fixes channel mappings for multi-channel pcm audio.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
harryzimm Wrote:Thanks,

Any chance of including the asound.conf and HDA-intel.conf from this guide to the ion specific build? It fixes channel mappings for multi-channel pcm audio.

cheers

you can store your asound.conf at /storage/.config/asound.conf . if OpenELEC found this config file it will be used. This must be do to have sound over HDMI on Zotac Boards, but can break sound on other systems (e.g. Intel only systems in the generic build) - thats the reason to not install this file by default.

to store your asound.conf to /storage/.config you can use scp:

Code:
scp asound.conf root@<ip-address>:/storage/.config

or via Samba in the "Configfiles" share

btw... dont know what HDA-intel.conf do. but with the asound.conf from here:

http://openelec.git.sourceforge.net/git/...nf;hb=HEAD

i have multichannel audio on ION based Systems (Acer Revo, Zotac...)
greetings, Stephan

ok thanks. I will give it a go and report back.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Smile 
New snapshots released (r3414) based on XBMC svn 31660.

This new images are now 11-19MB smaller as the latest Images and fixes follow issues:
  • many faster wakeup from Suspend to RAM
  • no more segfaults with the Installer on 64bit systems
  • more stable on unsafe removal of USB devices (but not stable enough)

some of my next todos:
  • rework of networking with an config file to setup LAN/WLAN/PPP connections with dhcp or manually settings
  • adding some more features to the Installer
  • optimize boot to boot more faster
please test and report issues and wishes.

To update an prebuild USB Install Stick:
  • copy target/SYSTEM and target/KERNEL from extracted tarball to the USB Stick (the old INSTALLER file is no more needed and can be removed)

To update an preinstalled System over an Samba share:
  • copy target/SYSTEM and target/KERNEL from extracted tarball to the "Update" Samba share and reboot. after the reboot the System will be updated and restarts again

To update an preinstalled System over SSH:
  • login with SSH to the OpenELEC.tv system
  • create an folder /storage/.update with
    Code:
    mkdir -p /storage/.update
  • copy target/SYSTEM and target/KERNEL from extracted tarball via scp to the /storage/.update folder with:
    Code:
    scp target/SYSTEM root@<ip-address>:/storage/.update
    scp target/KERNEL root@<ip-address>:/storage/.update
  • reboot. after the reboot the System will be updated and restarts again

Thanks
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:New snapshots released (r3414).

This new images are now 11-19MB smaller as the latest Images and fixes follow issues:
  • many faster wakeup from Suspend to RAM
  • no more segfaults with the Installer on 64bit systems
  • more stable on unsafe removal of USB devices (but not stable enough)

some of my next todos:
  • rework of networking with an config file to setup LAN/WLAN/PPP connections with dhcp or manually settings
  • adding some more features to the Installer
  • optimize boot to boot more faster
please test and report issues and wishes.

Thanks

hi i think we can add the google os window

by ctrl+alt+t to use xterm then we can use www-client etc..
kaixinbird Wrote:hi i think we can add the google os window

by ctrl+alt+t to use xterm then we can use www-client etc..

Hi,

what you mean with google os window?

i have done some tests with external software (Webbrowser etc) but they needs an Windowmanager. i must find an fullscreen-only Windowmanager thats works stable to do some things (i have tested ratpoison, openbox and some others. but its sometimes very unstable and bad to switch against the windows - it must works with remote only - because i think an keyboard/mouse is only an extra for an HTPC. i also dont want an terminal, because this confuses my grandma :-) )

Edit:
but an Webbrowser on OpenELEC.tv is an feature that i want, so it is already on my todo list!
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:Hi,

what you mean with google os window?

i have done some tests with external software (Webbrowser etc) but they needs an Windowmanager. i must find an fullscreen-only Windowmanager thats works stable to do some things (i have tested ratpoison, openbox and some others. but its sometimes very unstable and bad to switch against the windows - it must works with remote only - because i think an keyboard/mouse is only an extra for an HTPC. i also dont want an terminal, because this confuses my grandma :-) )

Edit:
but an Webbrowser on OpenELEC.tv is an feature that i want, so it is already on my todo list!

i mean that window_manager

http://src.chromium.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.c...;a=summary
kaixinbird Wrote:i mean that window_manager

http://src.chromium.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.c...;a=summary

nice an new one that i dont know :-) i will test this, many thanks.

do you know there are some screenshots or details of this WM before i compile this?
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:nice an new one that i dont know :-) i will test this, many thanks.

do you know there are some screenshots or details of this WM before i compile this?

http://chromeos.hexxeh.net/
openelec.tv Wrote:Hi kaixinbird,

i will look in this later today.

Do you have an Network connection with OpenELEC.tv (an IP address etc)?
Do you use an clean /storage/.xbmc folder or do you have updated XBMC without cleaning/(re)moving this /storage/.xbmc folder?

you are right ,i need a ip with eth0,but i Surprise..

i have install ppp,and i can connect adsl success...

and to use the weather addon etc..

but the other addons not to work..

only i to setup a ip within eth0 ..

---------------------------------------------

why the netcard need a local ip ..?
kaixinbird Wrote:why the netcard need a local ip ..?

hmmm, not know - i am also dont have the hardware to test ppp. the most users also will use xbmc behind an router. only for interest: whats the reason to use xbmc with ppp (you are from china?)?

dont know, is it possible to set a route from your ppp interface to the eth0 interface. i am interested in solving this issue, because i am will rework the complete networking stuff, so we have an central configfile for setup all network connections.

thanks
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:hmmm, not know - i am also dont have the hardware to test ppp. the most users also will use xbmc behind an router. only for interest: whats the reason to use xbmc with ppp (you are from china?)?

dont know, is it possible to set a route from your ppp interface to the eth0 interface. i am interested in solving this issue, because i am will rework the complete networking stuff, so we have an central configfile for setup all network connections.

thanks

yes.i just want to test adsl connect....
Big GrinBig Grin
Any word on a new release? Big Grin
chanders Wrote:Any word on a new release? Big Grin

Hmmm do you have tested the latest (r3414)? Feel free to write issues here in the thread, so i know what i must fix in the next release.

because it needs many time to create and test 5 (or more) binarys i will provide new images one time per week (hope this works for the future). but please let me know what are your issues :-)
greetings, Stephan

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC8