• 64(current)
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC
Accidentally installed openelec on win7 hard drive Sad Is there any way to get win7 files back (documentsHuh)
Abe Froman Wrote:Accidentally installed openelec on win7 hard drive Sad Is there any way to get win7 files back (documentsHuh)

Nope. You wiped the partition table and formatted the drive.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
ive installed the nightly build (by mistake kind of...)

im new to this so just want stuf to go smoothly. am i safe lol?

also can i have some help setting up WLAN... didnt work for me using the new wizard.
Is there any plans to support dualboot with windows out-of-the-box (like ubuntu\grub2) ?

and yes, i know there is workarounds Smile
Hey im new here and and I think this forum rocks!

I just bought me a ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe.
And want to run linux with XBMC,
Can i run OpenELEC onthis board?
If not can some one point me i the right direction to get a linux with XBMC?

Edit:
Found a Fusion version here http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/
And works almost out of the box,
But i cant get the WiFi to work,
I changed network technology to WLAN
and have tryied interface WLAN0 & WLAN1
Filled in SSID and password

And i only get: Link not connected

Is there any hint to a solution?
Ason I would suggest checking google to see if others with your wifi card are having problems in linux . Then check you adapter is being detected. XBMC can be installed on almost any version of linux. The most popular are probably ubuntu and mythbuntu.
There are heaps of guides on how to install xbmc in the guides section...
rileyp Wrote:Ason I would suggest checking google to see if others with your wifi card are having problems in linux . Then check you adapter is being detected. XBMC can be installed on almost any version of linux. The most popular are probably ubuntu and mythbuntu.
There are heaps of guides on how to install xbmc in the guides section...

Tryied ubuntu 11.04 and there WiFi works,
But what i have read there is problem to get XBMC work correct on Fusion boards that Asus E35M1-I Deluxe is.

So there for i wonder if any one have a sou lotion for that in openELEC..
there is a new build for fuison today, going to try that one now..
I'd be using ubuntu then If it works with that installing xbmc and some video driver and flash isn't hard and there are guides everywhere and irc online support 24.7 You cant get to far lost....
cheers rileyp
Is anyone else having problems logging on or creating a new login over at the openelec forum? I cannot manage either.

The question I was going to ask over there was, is it possible to set a username and password for sickbeard after installing the sabnzbd suite? The general settings tab is missing from SB configuration, and if I set it in the config.ini file it is overwritten after restarting SB.

Also, does anyone know how to have more than one web interface for XBMC in openelec? I would like to have a default interface and then XWMM accessible as well, but it seems it's only possible to have one.
I have a gyration keyboard, and this one is not working under openelec ...
Too bad you canot use the lirc settings and copy them over from xbmc due to the filesystem not being writeable.
Does anybody have a guide how to make this file system writeable? or to build this system so that it is writable?
Have you tried accessing the config files via the file share?
well the lirc conf is in /etc/lirc, that's not writeable or linked or is it?
There's a share, \\<servername>\Configfiles

You edit the files from here, and as the server boots, it copies them from there into place.
handy, gotta try that, so you mean I can copy all files in /etc/lirc to there and they will be put in place during boot? How does the system know which files have to be where?
supahfly Wrote:handy, gotta try that, so you mean I can copy all files in /etc/lirc to there and they will be put in place during boot? How does the system know which files have to be where?

Honestly, I would manipulate the lircmap.xml for xbmc rather than lirc.conf, and modding lircmap.xml is pretty easy, since you can access the userdata folder for xbmc directly from the shares.

http://www.openelec.tv/forum/27-hardware...n-overview
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC8