• 8(current)
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC
only some answers...

harryzimm Wrote:1) No wakeup from suspend using a usb keyboard
is this possible with the Revo (and the standard Revo keyboard)? if this is possible i must look whats wrong.

harryzimm Wrote:2) I cant get 5.1 pcm to work without a custom /usr/share/alsa/cards/HDA-Intel.conf. Without this file the channel mapping is screwed. Unfortunately its the only way i get smooth playback. Dolby and dts work fine using passthrough.

3) I put my asound.conf in /storage/.config but navigation sounds wont work. This is probably related to the HDA-intel.conf mentioned above.

i am working on the sound things... i hope i can solve some problems...

harryzimm Wrote:4) I renamed samba.conf.sample to samba.conf, but i cant see the shares on my network?

hmmm. can you see the shares if you point manuall to the ip of your system? i know there are some problems with the share names.

you must only rename the samba.conf.sample if you add your own shares, the same samba.conf as the sample will be used by default. only if you rename the samba.conf.sample this config will be used, instead the system default

harryzimm Wrote:Other than those things its really promising. Btw i still dont get a network connection using my asus motherboard. XBMC just reports it as not connected.

do you can start anouther linux live system and can send me the output from 'lsmod' and 'lspci -v'? maybe i must add an additional network driver. or do you know if the asus board uses the same driver as the revo?

harryzimm Wrote:Im really excited about the emulator part and politely request a snes emulator Smile

ok, i will add an snes and some other emulators in the future
greetings, Stephan

Thanks,

Quote:is this possible with the Revo (and the standard Revo keyboard)? if this is possible i must look whats wrong.

Yeah its possible, just tested with another install with the default keyboard.

Quote:hmmm. can you see the shares if you point manuall to the ip of your system? i know there are some problems with the share names.

you must only rename the samba.conf.sample if you add your own shares, the same samba.conf as the sample will be used by default. only if you rename the samba.conf.sample this config will be used, instead the system default

I deleted the samba.conf and rebooted but still i cant see the computer in network on my desktop. I also tried to mount the share using the ip but that didn't work either. Is there a command to restart samba or to check it is running?

Quote:do you can start anouther linux live system and can send me the output from 'lsmod' and 'lspci -v'? maybe i must add an additional network driver. or do you know if the asus board uses the same driver as the revo?

No problem, here is the output

Quote:xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ lsmod
Module Size Used by
lirc_mceusb 12402 0
lirc_dev 8884 1 lirc_mceusb
snd_hda_codec_nvhdmi 12658 1
snd_hda_codec_via 50849 1
snd_hda_intel 20735 2
snd_hda_codec 86904 3 snd_hda_codec_nvhdmi,snd_hda_codec_via,snd_hda_intel
snd_hwdep 5572 1 snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm_oss 34539 0
snd_mixer_oss 13865 1 snd_pcm_oss
arc4 1153 2
snd_pcm 71550 4 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd_seq_dummy 1434 0
rt73usb 21644 0
snd_seq_oss 27178 0
crc_itu_t 1371 1 rt73usb
snd_seq_midi 4557 0
rt2x00usb 9598 1 rt73usb
snd_rawmidi 19077 1 snd_seq_midi
rt2x00lib 26667 2 rt73usb,rt2x00usb
snd_seq_midi_event 6003 2 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi
led_class 2864 1 rt2x00lib
snd_seq 47466 6 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_timer 18646 2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
snd_seq_device 5988 5 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq
mac80211 230807 2 rt2x00usb,rt2x00lib
vga16fb 11385 0
lp 7028 0
vgastate 8961 1 vga16fb
snd 56239 18 snd_hda_codec_nvhdmi,snd_hda_codec_via,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
nvidia 9961216 38
cfg80211 145324 2 rt2x00lib,mac80211
soundcore 6620 1 snd
snd_page_alloc 7076 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
i2c_nforce2 5199 0
shpchp 28820 0
agpgart 31724 1 nvidia
psmouse 63245 0
parport 32635 1 lp
serio_raw 3978 0
joydev 8708 0
asus_atk0110 9017 0
btusb 10925 0
bluetooth 50926 1 btusb
ath3k 2155 0
compat_firmware_class 6490 2 rt2x00lib,ath3k
vesafb 3542 0
usbhid 36110 0
hid 67032 1 usbhid
fbcon 35102 71
tileblit 2031 1 fbcon
font 7557 1 fbcon
ahci 32168 2
bitblit 4707 1 fbcon
softcursor 1189 1 bitblit
r8169 34076 0
mii 4381 1 r8169

Quote:03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 03)
Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 83a3
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 25
I/O ports at e800 [size=256]
Memory at f8fff000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
Memory at f8ff8000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=16K]
Expansion ROM at fbff0000 [disabled] [size=64K]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Kernel driver in use: r8169
Kernel modules: r8169

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
harryzimm Wrote:I deleted the samba.conf and rebooted but still i cant see the computer in network on my desktop. I also tried to mount the share using the ip but that didn't work either. Is there a command to restart samba or to check it is running?

you can connect with ssh to the box: (username: root / password: openelec)

with
Code:
ps
you see the list of processes, look if there an smbd process.
to kill the process:
Code:
kill <processid>
or
Code:
killall smbd

you can start samba again with
Code:
sh /etc/init.d/42_samba

also the /var/log/messages is usefull for me, if samba is started

harryzimm Wrote:No problem, here is the output

ok, this driver is not added in the ION images, i will add them, thanks. can you test the network with the generic image on this system, there is this driver added.

cheers[/quote]
greetings, Stephan

Yeah i just tried the generic image and networking is all good on the asus. Thanks.

Samba still not working though. I wouldn't be using samba anyway i would just like to get it working Smile. I will check the logs and post them on pastebin a bit later on. It says something about the adress is already in use?

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
harryzimm Wrote:Samba still not working though. I wouldn't be using samba anyway i would just like to get it working Smile.

Hi Harry, can you test this image, if samba works (better):
http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/har...42.tar.bz2
(its only an image for testing. it also includes your needed networkdriver for your asus board - please test this too.)
greetings, Stephan

greetings, Stephan

Information 
Hi all,

i have released the new image (r3675) based on XBMC-Dharma-32342:

Download URL: http://openelec.tv/index.php?option=com_...Itemid=307

some of the changes:
  • some changes to Samba Server and Samba configuration.
  • add support to wakeup from standby with usb keyboards if supported by system (tested on Acer Revo 3600 and Zotac ION ITX)
  • update to the new upcoming kernel 2.6.35 (2.6.35-rc6)
  • switch to XBMC Dharma branch (r32342)
  • add Realtek r8169 Network driver to the ION based images

The problems:
there are some known issues:
  • on some boards no sound is working over HDMI if you want play an game (installed via Addons).
  • resolving of samba server names doesnt work here. samba shares can be mounted (in xbmc and with the netmount.conf) only with ip adresses.
  • vaapi driver is a bit broken, if your system uses VAAPI and any HD video crashes XBMC please switch off VAAPI support in Settings/Video/Playback.

Please test the images and have an nice weekend. Please Report bugs and wishes in our forum and bugtracker on http://www.openelec.tv.
greetings, Stephan

How do I burn the image to a dvd? I tried converting the contents to an .iso, but I can't get it to boot.
openelec.tv Wrote:no, but i have dont looked at this. if you want you can help me to integrate this controller (help means: i integrate this support, you test this support) :-)

Yea, absolutely. Let me know when you integrate it and I'll report back

openelec.tv Wrote:many thanks for this list, i will add some of this emulators, would be nice if you can also help me with testing :-)

No problem, I'll be appy to help test.
In this build, I have some problem: double clicking on remote control.
On keybord - all OK.
Hi Stephan,

Interested in looking at this on appleTv.

I think the specifics for Atv are alsa-driver 1.0.19 and NVIDIA 100.14.19 drivers .

Any chance of adding these so so I can test?
cwalker Wrote:In this build, I have some problem: double clicking on remote control.
On keybord - all OK.

thanks, i am working on this. :-)
greetings, Stephan

duke748 Wrote:Hi Stephan,

Interested in looking at this on appleTv.

I think the specifics for Atv are alsa-driver 1.0.19 and NVIDIA 100.14.19 drivers .

Any chance of adding these so so I can test?

Hi Duke :-)

i am interested too to run OpenELEC.tv on ATV, i will send you an PM with my emailadress, can you contact me via email?
greetings, Stephan

ryan711 Wrote:How do I burn the image to a dvd? I tried converting the contents to an .iso, but I can't get it to boot.

Hi Ryan, why you want an iso? can you try to create an USB installer stick (see: http://openelec.tv/index.php?option=com_...Itemid=305)

if you have problems let me know this :-)
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:Hi Ryan, why you want an iso? can you try to create an USB installer stick (see: http://openelec.tv/index.php?option=com_...Itemid=305)

if you have problems let me know this :-)

Oh ok, thanks. I'll give that a try.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC8