• 2(current)
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC
openelec.tv Wrote:NOTE: i use uClibc instead glibc, so it is not possible to include binary graphic driver (nVidia/ ATI) and so it is not possible to get vdpau working. i am thinking of include eglibc for this, but this is not priority 1

I'll download the source and play around a bit with getting eglibc and nvidia binary driver to work Smile
estyx Wrote:I'll download the source and play around a bit with getting eglibc and nvidia binary driver to work Smile

now i have updated the sources to my last local rev. 1465. now you can begin ;-)
greetings, Stephan

Question 
Jaken Wrote:When this is getting ready. I would love support for appleTV. This is precisely what the aTV needs.

one question: build for appletv - is this an build on MacOS or can this also be build on linux? (or better can appletv run linux). what hardware has appletv (chipset graphic cpu etc...)?
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:one question: build for appletv - is this an build on MacOS or can this also be build on linux? (or better can appletv run linux). what hardware has appletv (chipset graphic cpu etc...)?

Yes atv can run x86 linux.
hardware: http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Parts
openelec.tv Wrote:one question: build for appletv - is this an build on MacOS or can this also be build on linux? (or better can appletv run linux). what hardware has appletv (chipset graphic cpu etc...)?

see http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/

a few tips, disk format needs to be gpt, use the modified parted (never gparted). You must have a proper modified "recovery" partition setup or it will not boot. AppleTV uses pure efi and efi firmware will only load apple's boot.efi so no refit or other efi replacements.
Big Grin 
davilla Wrote:see http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/

a few tips, disk format needs to be gpt, use the modified parted (never gparted). You must have a proper modified "recovery" partition setup or it will not boot. AppleTV uses pure efi and efi firmware will only load apple's boot.efi so no refit or other efi replacements.

thank you for this info :-). now i am trying to include eglibc. only for the ION/AppleTV/NVidia guys... i dont like binary drivers.... but i am doing this for you all Nod. else no one will help me No but with this i need later help from people with an AppleTV
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:thank you for this info :-). now i am trying to include eglibc. only for the ION/AppleTV/NVidia guys... i dont like binary drivers.... but i am doing this for you all Nod. else no one will help me No but with this i need later help from people with an AppleTV

I think if you stick with this you'll find that a few devs will be willing to help out. It's just that the timing is bad as there is lots going on at the moment.

TheUni
theuni Wrote:I think if you stick with this you'll find that a few devs will be willing to help out. It's just that the timing is bad as there is lots going on at the moment.

TheUni

its not bad :-) I see this positive Wink
greetings, Stephan

Can't provide any dev help I'm afraid (bit beyond my current abilities) but just wanted to say don't give up on this!

It looks really promising and as TheUni has pointed out, I'm sure once work on Camelot has settled down some of the excellent folks on these forums would be willing to lend you a hand.

Really impressed with your work so far, the boot time in that video looks amazing - would be the holy grail for some people if Live was using something like this!
with a tuned boot sequence, we should be able to get the AppleTV booting in less than 15 seconds.
Rainbow 
only for information, i am working on integrating eglibc, so its may possible to integrate vdpau, nvidia drivers and ION/AppleTV support Cool
greetings, Stephan

message moved to http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post449334
greetings, Stephan

Okay now I have been playing around with the distro a bit to work out the building system (and making a small change (-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=32) to some of the build-files to make the crosscompiling work on my 64bit Ubuntu) and got the kernel + image compiled. The only problem I have now is booting it..

As I can tell it loads the kernel just fine but it seems it has problems with mounting some fs?

"Error Code: INIT_4 that means: Could not mount fastboot"

Tried with both extracting the FS to a partition and booting it, and booting it using initrd.. A bit stuck Smile
fastboot was moved into the kernel around 2.6.30 or so and defaults to on. There's a kernel param to disable, but don't remember off the top of my head. Google should know.

TheUni
which revision do you use? for revisions older then r1480 you must kernel rename to openelec.kernel and system to openelec.system and on newer revisions to KERNEL and SYSTEM. you must also load kernel with args like boot=/dev/sda1 disk=/dev/sda2. boot is the partion where kernel and system is and disk is an partion where you have your data (home). can i write an PM to you?
greetings, Stephan

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC8