• 4(current)
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC
chanders Wrote:Excellent project. I tried your latest ION x64 build today and here are my findings

This project has a lot of potential. Will definitely be following up on it..

Hi, sorry for the delay with my answers:

1. you have asked about network settings:
    at this moment networking needs some more work, only dhcp over an wired network is working "out of the box". i will enhance networking the next days, so you can change your network settings in an config file (location for all user settings is /storage/.config).

2. Quote:Does the ION image include all of the drivers (HDMI etc) for an ION system?
    yes, for the most known ION systems, some systems like the Zotac boards needs an "special" asound.conf in /storage/.config to get sound over hdmi (i dont have found an solution setup this at the boottime so it works with all ION systems

3. Quote:With 'installer' in the append line, I get a segmentation fault
    can you add "nosplash" and "debugging" (without quotes) to the kernel commandline and send me an photo from your screen with this message (you can use the forum on http://www.openelec.tv to do this. I will fix this fast as possible.

Edit: can you try the 32bit build, i have found an issue with the 64bit build

4. Quote:If I remove 'installer' the system boots into XBMC
    hmmm this works without "disk=..." parameter in the kernel commandline in syslinux.conf? "installer" is an argument to start the installer except XBMC, but XBMC needs the "disk=..." parameter.

5. Quote:However while the boot speed is spectacular, XBMC on a whole is a bit sluggish compared to the latest XBMCFreak iso. Maybe because it is running off the Flash drive and XBMCFreak is running off the hard drive? I'm not sure.

can you compare the CPU Speed under System/System Info/Hardware? Maybe the powersaving is a bit too aggressive... if it runs with low CPU Speed i can change this very easy.

Edit: can you please test the speed also with the 32bit build (maybe also with the generic build)

greetings, Stephan

#3 above works with the 32bit version but seg faults with the 64 bit version when the append link looks like below
Quote:append boot=LABEL=INSTALL disk=LABEL=Storage installer

I havent tried installing to the internal hard drive yet though.

#4 I was reffering to the line above. I dont think it will work without the boot= line Wink

Below is with XBMCFreak build

With Your ION 32bit build

Looks about the same to me but yours still run a little sluggish. Maybe its the XBMC SVN release you all are using is different? Or because i am running yours from the flash drive and his from the internal hard drive?
chanders Wrote:#3 above works with the 32bit version but seg faults with the 64 bit version when the append link looks like below

ok, i can reproduce the segfault with 64bit builds, this is related to the installer, so if you dont use/need the installer you can run XBMC with the 64bit builds. i will fix this - hope i find the issue.

chanders Wrote:I havent tried installing to the internal hard drive yet though.

please dont do this with the installer, because the installer creates an new partition layout, so you will lost all your data on your hdd. but if you have already installed an other linux system you can use OpenELEC.tv as an second (or third) OS. let me know if you have questions about this.

chanders Wrote:Below is with XBMCFreak build
With Your ION 32bit build

nice :-)

chanders Wrote:Looks about the same to me but yours still run a little sluggish. Maybe its the XBMC SVN release you all are using is different? Or because i am running yours from the flash drive and his from the internal hard drive?

i dont think this is flash drive related, i have seen here also a little difference between my last builds, so i think it can be xbmc related - or nvidia driver related (the last build includes xbmc-svn-31613 and nvidia 256.35 driver).

now i know my next todos :-) thanks
greetings, Stephan

Sweet. I can beta test for you as I am really interested in the project. I have an external e-Sata hard drive that I will install it on so my original setup doesn't get wiped Wink

When I Install it I'll let you know if that the cause of the slowdown. I am looking forward to your next release!
chanders Wrote:When I Install it I'll let you know if that the cause of the slowdown. I am looking forward to your next release!

thanks very much, in the meantime you can also try to find some other bugs/ issues :-)
greetings, Stephan

Ok today I installed the latest version of XBMCFreak. I noticed that the slowdown experienced in the menu when running your install is the same as XBMCFreak's. So I have come to the conclusion that it was due to XBMC and not your build.

Just to let everyone know, the 'slowdown' I am talking about is not a slow down per say but you can notice that the menu items in the confluence skin is not a smooth transition whilst the items are growing and shrinking when a different item is chosen.

When compared to the previous XBMCFreak build its as smooth as silk. This build is a bit 'jagged' for lack of a better word.
chanders Wrote:Ok today I installed the latest version of XBMCFreak. I noticed that the slowdown experienced in the menu when running your install is the same as XBMCFreak's. So I have come to the conclusion that it was due to XBMC and not your build.

Just to let everyone know, the 'slowdown' I am talking about is not a slow down per say but you can notice that the menu items in the confluence skin is not a smooth transition whilst the items are growing and shrinking when a different item is chosen.

When compared to the previous XBMCFreak build its as smooth as silk. This build is a bit 'jagged' for lack of a better word.

thanks very much for pointing this out :-)

i think i have found the problems with the installer (and some others) so i hope i can provide new images later tomorrow. would be nice if you (and all others) can test the images, because i will release an official release very soon (after some rc's).

thanks very much
greetings, Stephan

I just upgraded to XBMC R31648 and the menus in Confluence is blazing fast. Not to mention the skin flies now! You should us this in your next release Wink
Any chance of you making a PXE capable image?
i test it ,i get a problem

"remote share network is not connected"

when i boot the xbmc ,the xbmc must be have a add-ons sources in Video.

..i have to install apple addons by system-addons.

but the not apper in Video..

i can use the network..

when i press the add-ons sources in Video ,it report "remote share network is not connected"

why? ??

what is bug??

i use svn xbmc-31660

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=video
this is my xbmc.log
http://pastebin.ca/1897094
Duduke Wrote:Any chance of you making a PXE capable image?

Hi Duduke,

actually there is no support for this, but its an intresting feature, that needs some (re)work. i will do this on my ToDo List for the future.
If you want you can helping to implement this feature, i will support you.

In general it would be nice to use http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/openelec/ for feature requests and wishes.
greetings, Stephan

kaixinbird Wrote:this is my xbmc.log
http://pastebin.ca/1897094

Hi kaixinbird,

i will look in this later today.

Do you have an Network connection with OpenELEC.tv (an IP address etc)?
Do you use an clean /storage/.xbmc folder or do you have updated XBMC without cleaning/(re)moving this /storage/.xbmc folder?
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:Hi kaixinbird,

i will look in this later today.

Do you have an Network connection with OpenELEC.tv (an IP address etc)?
Do you use an clean /storage/.xbmc folder or do you have updated XBMC without cleaning/(re)moving this /storage/.xbmc folder?

i have by ppp to connect network (i can use weather etc.)

i have del the .xbmc directory..later i reboot the openelec
Hi,

what is the ssh username and password?

cheers

Edit: sorry i didn't read the documentation... User=root Pass=openelec
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC8