[MAC] Start external Program (EyeTV) from Main Menu
Hello,
i'm pretty sure that this was asked before but searching the forum with the words ("start external menu", "start program", ...) did not get me my answer, so i ask again Smile
Is there a possibility to start the EyeTV app from within XBMC? I'd love to have an entry in the Main Menu called something like "Watch TV". (Btw. i use Mediastream Redux Skin)

Thank you for answers,
BliBlaBlo
yes. add a button that does system.exec(pathtoeyetv)
great, thanks
can you quickly describe me how to add this button? or have a link to where it's explained?
thanks
depends on the skin, but in general home.xml. monkey what's already there.
Ok, so i tried that:

I took my home.xml (from my MediaStream Redux Skin) and searched for the "Programs" Button (as i don't need it) and changed the onclick so now it looks like this:

Code:
<item id="1">
  <label>0</label>
  <label2>31003</label2>
  <onclick>System.Exec(/Applications/EyeTV.app/Contents/MacOS/EyeTV)</onclick>
  <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/programs.jpg</icon>
  <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Programs_Folder)]</thumb>
  <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoProgramsButton)</visible>
</item>

Unfortionally it's not working. Nothing happens now when i hit the Programs button on the home screen.

Would be great if somebody could help me out Smile
Can somebody tell me what's wrong about my home.xml file?
Thanks
the only two causes i can think of is either

1) not implemented on mac
2) wrong path to the binary - it does look suspicious but that might just be me having zilch osx clue (and proud of it!)
BliBlaBlo Wrote:Hello,
i'm pretty sure that this was asked before but searching the forum with the words ("start external menu", "start program", ...) did not get me my answer, so i ask again Smile
Is there a possibility to start the EyeTV app from within XBMC? I'd love to have an entry in the Main Menu called something like "Watch TV". (Btw. i use Mediastream Redux Skin)

Thank you for answers,
BliBlaBlo

Just a reminder 9.11.Camelot series does support Applescript now Smile You can make a script that opens EyeTV then select and run that from inside XBMC for Mac.
davilla Wrote:Just a reminder 9.11.Camelot series does support Applescript now Smile You can make a script that opens EyeTV then select and run that from inside XBMC for Mac.

Thanks, I'm looking for this for a while now Big Grin
How would I do that? Eek

Thanks for all your support.

Regards
Vlaves

PS and maybe you could recooment and SVN-Version which has GPU-Acceleration and which is "not so buggy", that would be great, thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Start external Program (EyeTV) from Main Menu0