Music Player Controls in the Top Bar?
Question 
I use XBMC on AppleTV and one issue is the remote control. There are only eight possible button options (including two press-and-hold buttons) on the remote. In PM3.HD, there is a player control that shows up over on the left hand side when music is playing.

With Rapier, my solution for playback control right now is to have the Menu button mapped to XBMC.ActivateWindow(MusicOSD) on the Home screen. 'Course, this isn't really an elegant solution in that if I hit the Menu button on the Home screen even when nothing is playing that MusicOSD still pops up. But it got me thinking that it would be really nice if there was an option for a little mini player control that showed up in the top bar when music was playing, maybe integrated with a Now Playing badge...
I believe someone already put out a mod that did just that. You could also set it so that the visualization appears when playing music automatically. Should be under System > Appearance > Screensavers...
You're right, Sranshaft! Thanks! I missed it when I looked before. For anyone else interested, here's the thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Player Controls in the Top Bar?0