• 2(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED]
watzen Wrote:some reflections...
* don't know if this is inherent from the recent build of xbmc in general or if it has anything to do with dsplayer. but i've got some screentearing with this build. even though vertical sync is on.
Its only related to the renderer of my player this is really a mess right now when its about rendering but ill try to fix this as soon as i got the time
Hi,

is there a tut or short howto included how to add this player to XBMC and make it the default videoplayer, or is it setup automatically?
No, Jackie, there isn't, unless you want to compile tiben's dsplayer from scratch. The exe provided at the beginning of this thread is the only currently available version. With that said, the player is at a very early stage in development. Using it as a default player is probably not recommended.
natethomas Wrote:No, Jackie, there isn't, unless you want to compile tiben's dsplayer from scratch. The exe provided at the beginning of this thread is the only currently available version. With that said, the player is at a very early stage in development. Using it as a default player is probably not recommended.

Actually your able to watch a file from the start to the end without any problems its just not perfect.You can use is it as a default a player in the same way you can use externalplayer as a default player. you only need to
put this in advanced settings
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

watzen Wrote:some reflections...
* didn't work without the regsvr stuff.
Found the problem it was the splitter which was inserted by is guid instead of by the dynamic filter loading. Its fixed ill upload a compiled version when i come back from work
maybe this is a silly question but here it goes... is there anyway to ignore if a .mkv has subs in it?

Tks

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
doesn't look like there's a rule for it.
xbs08 Wrote:maybe this is a silly question but here it goes... is there anyway to ignore if a .mkv has subs in it?

Tks

spiff is right when i come back from work tonight ill add a null subtitle renderer until i get the subs working.
New build uploaded
http://www.easy-share.com/1908423243/XBM...475-dx.exe
-Mkv subtitles working.
-filters shoudnt need to be registered
-added mp4 support
and many error handling
Wow! great update.

thanks tiben20

mp4 working flawlessly, just cant get mkv's with subs to run.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
tiben20 Wrote:Actually your able to watch a file from the start to the end without any problems its just not perfect.You can use is it as a default a player in the same way you can use externalplayer as a default player. you only need to
put this in advanced settings
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
I think you should have the settings in playercorefactory.xml to be compliant.

And to prevent questions: from what I understand you should be able to do whatever you are able to do with a regular DirectShow player, the same as with MPC-HC (built-in filters but the opportunity to work with external filters as well). Ideally, in the long run, we'll be able to handle filters internal/external with a mechanism similar to MPC-HC or, better IMO, Zoom Player.

Edit: tried the new build. Problems with subtitles remain. They either don't show up (external subs) or they completely stop the player from working (internal subs in mkv container). The files that work work quite well already.

For those interested: Reclock works with no problems, even accelerating 24fps to 25fps for those who need it (the opposite slowdown is clearly possible as well). That little clock icon turning green is something I really, really had given up on seeing in XBMC Big Grin.

Now we would really need somebody else being capable of helping tiben20. Carrying on development of this component all by himself is... daunting to say the least (and actually, seeing what he's been capable of alone it's a testimony of his will and skill).

Also, severe problems when going out from a movie playing and back to the regular interface (say, to check the weather). The screen messes up completely. This happens in both windowed and full screen modes.
What I'd give to be able to help. But I'm just starting out. I could donate though, that would help...somewhat. Heh.

I'm still only getting VC1 accelleration, everything else says Not using DXVA.

Now, again, it's possible it's my video card, I don't know. I might pick up an nVidia card today as they seem to be a bit ahead of ATI on the video accelleration front, though as mentioned in another thread, I've got an ATI 4670...it's not that old. Wouldn't mind something that streams 7.1 PCM over HDMI anyways...

Log is here, though currently it seems a bit bare.
http://pastebin.com/d284fe77c
nathanjones Wrote:What I'd give to be able to help. But I'm just starting out. I could donate though, that would help...somewhat. Heh.

I'm still only getting VC1 accelleration, everything else says Not using DXVA.

Now, again, it's possible it's my video card, I don't know. I might pick up an nVidia card today as they seem to be a bit ahead of ATI on the video accelleration front, though as mentioned in another thread, I've got an ATI 4670...it's not that old. Wouldn't mind something that streams 7.1 PCM over HDMI anyways...

Log is here, though currently it seems a bit bare.
http://pastebin.com/d284fe77c
With my 3850, on the desktop PC (HTPC has a 4890), I get hardware decoding on both VC-1 and h264. Be careful with Nvidia: with mpc-hc codecs it doesn't offload VC-1 decoding, just H264, on many models. Check here to choose the right model: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo
Yeah, the GT240 might be something to look at. I had a GT210 which was nice on the accelleration front, but obviously not for anything else. But I'm really excited about the 5750...so I don't know. Anyways, now I'm just going way off topic...

Anyone have any ideas what I could try to get DXVA working for anything other than VC1? Or any reasons it wouldn't be working?
ashlar Wrote:For those interested: Reclock works with no problems, even accelerating 24fps to 25fps for those who need it (the opposite slowdown is clearly possible as well). That little clock icon turning green is something I really, really had given up on seeing in XBMC Big Grin.
Just to let you know reclock is imcompatible with dxva

ashlar Wrote:Also, severe problems when going out from a movie playing and back to the regular interface (say, to check the weather). The screen messes up completely. This happens in both windowed and full screen modes.

im aware of how the gui really screwed up when your playing a video. I didnt had the time to look into it.
Quote:And to prevent questions: from what I understand you should be able to do whatever you are able to do with a regular DirectShow player, the same as with MPC-HC (built-in filters but the opportunity to work with external filters as well). Ideally, in the long run, we'll be able to handle filters internal/external with a mechanism similar to MPC-HC or, better IMO, Zoom Player.
The mechanism is already the one used in mpc-hc. The ONLY internal filters included in xbmc is the source filter which is used for handling compressed file and everything. The the config file where you have everything is the way xbmc handle external filters in the same folder as the config file. They are all loaded the same way mpc-hc load external filters just in another coding way
tiben20 Wrote:Just to let you know reclock is imcompatible with dxva
It isn't. Not in MPC-HC, for sure, not in XBMC (your version) unless I'm mistaken in understanding that when DXVA is not in use the OSD will tell you so. Just tried it...
Quote:The mechanism is already the one used in mpc-hc. The ONLY internal filters included in xbmc is the source filter which is used for handling compressed file and everything. The the config file where you have everything is the way xbmc handle external filters in the same folder as the config file. They are all loaded the same way mpc-hc load external filters just in another coding way
Yup, I was referring to a long distant future when, maybe, somebody will come up for a GUI way of handling that.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED]16