• 25(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED]
Apparently it doesn't load external .SRT subtitles when playing a MKV. Known issue?
I've pretty much tried everything and I'm still getting the black screen with sound problem. Pretty much on a clean Win7 install. The files work fine within MPC-HC but for some reason I cannot get DSplayer to work on my system.

Maybe someone could take a look at my debug log and let me know me know if they see anything:

http://pastebin.com/m19ee12e0
Mallet21 Wrote:I've pretty much tried everything and I'm still getting the black screen with sound problem. Pretty much on a clean Win7 install. The files work fine within MPC-HC but for some reason I cannot get DSplayer to work on my system.

Maybe someone could take a look at my debug log and let me know me know if they see anything:

Problem related with Evr Renderer the version of this renderer is far away from being perfect. I only coded this renderer for every win 7 and win vista user even if im not using it. I hope someone will take a look into it and find the problem. I already have subtitles to add and multi audio stream to support before getting a better evr renderer
tiben20 Wrote:Problem related with Evr Renderer the version of this renderer is far away from being perfect. I only coded this renderer for every win 7 and win vista user even if im not using it. I hope someone will take a look into it and find the problem. I already have subtitles to add and multi audio stream to support before getting a better evr renderer

No worries....I appreciate all you've done so far.
Znuff Wrote:Apparently it doesn't load external .SRT subtitles when playing a MKV. Known issue?

Read the first post you will see its not developed yet
Mallet21 Wrote:I've pretty much tried everything and I'm still getting the black screen with sound problem. Pretty much on a clean Win7 install. The files work fine within MPC-HC but for some reason I cannot get DSplayer to work on my system.

Mallot, are you using a completely clean userdata folder, or are you using the same one you've been using for a while?
tiben20 Wrote:the ERROR: GUIFontTTF::GetCharacter really dont sounds good

i don't think it is a problem of ram , i got 4gb, and the system isn't cumbered by other apps running (just antivirus, imon, speedfan)

i will gladly try any your suggestion

thanks

EDIT: just fyi i have installed latest nvidia driver, and got no problem playing video with mpc, wmp, vlc.. mediaportal

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
Mallet21,

did you disable the "adjust framerate" option at video playback settings. When turned on I get the same black screen with sound - turned of everything is fine. Give it a try.

h3ll
tiben20, I thought you were taking some time off mate?

Dont burn yourself out hey! appreciate all the efforts so far. You really have helped alot of people use acceleration under Windows. good job!!
natethomas Wrote:Mallot, are you using a completely clean userdata folder, or are you using the same one you've been using for a while?

I've been using it for a while. Should I do a clean install of XBMC?

h3llsp4wn Wrote:Mallet21,

did you disable the "adjust framerate" option at video playback settings. When turned on I get the same black screen with sound - turned of everything is fine. Give it a try.

h3ll

I saw someone mention that earlier in the thread but disabling those settings has not helped.
buzzqw Wrote:i don't think it is a problem of ram , i got 4gb, and the system isn't cumbered by other apps running (just antivirus, imon, speedfan)

i will gladly try any your suggestion

thanks

EDIT: just fyi i have installed latest nvidia driver, and got no problem playing video with mpc, wmp, vlc.. mediaportal

BHH
CGuiFontTTF is not related at all with the dsplayer its a class from xbmc which rendering font onto the direct3d surface. You could simply try to try it without debug if you get the same error
Tainted Wrote:For the time off
Well just taking it slower i guest. Evr renderer took me around 30 hours to make it work so considerating the number of days i took to make it work its fast
Guys I may have subs working using VSFilter/Vobsub I say may as I don't have DXVA GPU so someone else will have to test to say for sure, subs shown are embedded but it should work for external as well

I added the following under splitters in dsfilterconfig

Code:
</filter>
      <filter name="DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)" type="splitter">
      <path>VSFilter.dll</path>
      <guid>{9852A670-F845-491B-9BE6-EBD841B8A613}</guid>  
      <alwaysload>1</alwaysload>    
    </filter>
>>X<<' Wrote:Guys I may have subs working using VSFilter/Vobsub I say may as I don't have DXVA GPU so someone else will have to test to say for sure, subs shown are embedded but it should work for external as well

I added the following under splitters in dsfilterconfig

Code:
</filter>
      <filter name="DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)" type="splitter">
      <path>VSFilter.dll</path>
      <guid>{9852A670-F845-491B-9BE6-EBD841B8A613}</guid>  
      <alwaysload>1</alwaysload>    
    </filter>

Please note if your doing this there no point of using dsplayer because directvobsub is imcompatible with dxva
tiben20 Wrote:Please note if your doing this there no point of using dsplayer because directvobsub is imcompatible with dxva

ok didn't know VSFilter was incompatible with dxva or was unsure that's why I said may be working, now I know its pointless for this
>>X<<' Wrote:ok didn't know VSFilter was incompatible with dxva or was unsure that's why I said may be working, now I know its pointless for this

Its only because dxva require no filters beetween the decoder and the renderer. Subtitles need to be rendered onto the surface after the renderer rendered the surface on the screen
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED]16