• 2(current)
Boxee Box by D-Link announced - its Boxee Remote to come with QWERTY keyboard
Dlink is only one of manufacture that are going to create the boxee box. We should see more boxee box manufactures next fall.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
BritBloke Wrote:It looks like there isn't going to be a Live version of Boxee, mainly because they haven't announced a Linux version of the beta.

Also, it's great that it's now built on DirectX (another reason no Linux version was annoucned?) so that it can be GPU assisted in the decoding on the Windows environment.

Hopefully I can an invite to the Beta!

Avner announce Karmic official support on Boxee Beta Unveiling.
http://www.dlink.com/boxeebox

Will it be able to run XBMC as well? What are the specifications. Is this the stuff going to use CrystalHD?
did you ask in the boxee forums?
More pictures at the link below with one of it next to a coke can, it is very small.

I wonder what could be powering it for something so small, there can't be much in the way of space for a fan so can regular x86 systems go that small and still deliver the power needed for Boxee/XBMC ?

http://blog.boxee.tv/2009/12/09/step-1-m...ut-a-hole/

(I'm guessing it might be Arm based and the Q2 2010 release date is to finish an Arm port of Boxee or maybe its using one of the new Intel x86 system on chips CE3100 or CE4100 series)
dan1son Wrote:While it does look cool... the design is useless. That thing has absolutely no chance of going in my TV Stand. I hate it when manufacturers insist on making non standard designs for home theater equipment. Where can you possibly put that thing and not have it somewhere in the way?

Maybe that's their intention... keep it outside of the A/V rack so everyone has to see it. Inconvenient if you ask me. Same reason I don't own a PS3 or XBox 360.

I take what I said back... that thing is teensy. It'll fit anywhere.
update!

hands on with the boxee box:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/05/hands...boxee-box/

that remote is absolutely fantastic
That remote is cool as hell
Very nice cant wait for this to come out.
will this have wifi on it?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
HDMI
Optical Audio
RCA Stereo Audio
WiFi (802.11n)
Ethernet
2 USB Ports
SD Cart Slot
RF Remote
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
How much do you guys think it will cost ? All we know now is that it will be less than $200.

Extra worth paying for:
+30 remote
+20 wifi n
+?? boxee software

It will awesome at $150 but will be good buy at $180 ..
In my experience "less than $200" means $199.99 :p

Still a reasonable deal I reckon with that remote included (assuming whatever hardware it's using is decent enough, and that it runs XBMC without too much hackery ofcourse!)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

As much as I love the idea of this I just can't get into Boxee. I applaud the thinking-out-of-the-box design of the unit and hope we can hack XBMC onto it.

yea. Cool remote.
The keyboard is on the bottom of the remote and the navigator is on the top.
Cool but, I suspect the remote keyboard is going to get damaged quite easily.

XBMC needs a keyboard to be fully functional, IMO. I am going to try to find a "keyboard remote" like this boxee one ... someday !
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boxee Box by D-Link announced - its Boxee Remote to come with QWERTY keyboard0