• 3(current)
Boxee Box by D-Link announced - its Boxee Remote to come with QWERTY keyboard
Another cool pic of it.

ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
AddictedToMetal Wrote:As much as I love the idea of this I just can't get into Boxee. I applaud the thinking-out-of-the-box design of the unit and hope we can hack XBMC onto it.

No BlueRay / DVD though !
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
Love the remote. Not having a tv ready? Really, at CES? I'd wager the unit isn't working yet. I'm still looking for a live demo of the unit if anyone has any links.
from boxee.tv

avner ronen says:
January 6, 2010 at 9:18 am

The remote does not have bluetooth, it’s using RF.
The remote will be sold independently with a small dongle for your computer.
jmarshall Wrote:In my experience "less than $200" means $199.99 :p

Still a reasonable deal I reckon with that remote included (assuming whatever hardware it's using is decent enough, and that it runs XBMC without too much hackery ofcourse!)

Cheers,
Jonathan

I wonder who is going to hack it to support XBMC ... davilla ... WinkWink
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
tyche Wrote:Love the remote. Not having a tv ready? Really, at CES? I'd wager the unit isn't working yet. I'm still looking for a live demo of the unit if anyone has any links.

Actally tomorrow is the official start of CES and we should be seeing Live Demo off it then.

Here is some more videos .. http://mashable.com/2010/01/06/boxee-box-hands-on/
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
I really cannot wait for this to be released, and get XBMC installed on it
osirisjem Wrote:No BlueRay / DVD though !

Well if libs ever come out to read them, I would think one could always use a USB drive.

Though, seems the point of XBMC/Boxee is to use ones digital collection. Smile
this is great and all, but all that really matters is that we can run XBMC on it, and if it can play 1080p back fine.
Looks like Dlink is releasing another media player ( Dlink Pebble ) ...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/06/d-lin...boxee-box/

I wonder why since Boxee Box can do just above everything that Pebble can but alot better ...
I want that remote.. it looks awesome. Do you think the remote would be able to control other things aswell since its an RF remote?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Well, here's what is in the box.

Quote:Boxee Box internals revealed. NVIDIA Tegra 2 FTW
general — tom sella on January 7, 2010 @ 3:51 pm

Many have been asking about it and we’ve been eager to share the details of what’s inside the Boxee Box by D-Link. Today we’re making a joint announcement with NVIDIA and D-Link revealing that the Boxee Box is powered by the Tegra 2 (T20) platform!

The T20 is based around a dual-core ARM Cortex A9 CPU with that additional graphic umphhh NVIDIA is famous for, allowing us to deliver our user experience in a small box, and very low power consumption (we’re green too )

With Tegra 2 powering the Boxee Box you can:

* Enjoy a fluid and responsive user interface that is similar to the UI performance up till now available only on full blown PCs

* Play 1080p video from locally stored content and stream HD video content from the Internet

* Play Adobe® Flash® 10.1 content from across the web, including HD content

More inside the Box:

* RF chip by Nordic – to support a great remote control experience that is not dependent on line-of-sight and can work from anywhere in the house

* 802.11N wireless chip by Broadcom

What’s not in the Box:

* No hard-drive – We discussed hard-drive at length with D-Link, and figured people already have storage solutions, and that we should do our best to reduce the price of the Boxee Box. You’ll be able to connect your choice of storage devices directly to the Box using USB

* No IR – While we realize many people are using universal remotes, we believe there is a greater benefit having a full QWERTY keyboard, and the right way to do that was RF. We really wanted to also support IR, for various reasons we could not get it as part of the build. We continue supporting this in software, so you can use any IR dongle and continue using your universal remote with Boxee.

So the big question is, can XBMC be put on this?
Not even really knowing much about XBMC i can already tell you no..

They have stated many times XBMC is x86 only..ARM != x86
If it can run boxee, then it can run xbmc. We just need to compile the xbmc code for it.

We already have a port in progress using beagle board .. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35139
FuzzeWuzze Wrote:Not even really knowing much about XBMC i can already tell you no..

They have stated many times XBMC is x86 only..ARM != x86

There's a group of devs working on an ARM port already...
http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/xbmc_on_arm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYq7f-Crn...re=related

It needs some work, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Also since Boxee is open source and based on XBMC, a lot of their work should be portable back to XBMC anyway to get it running.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boxee Box by D-Link announced - its Boxee Remote to come with QWERTY keyboard0